**** DONE: GB-37 1:48 BP DEFIANT - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thankee sirs. Wheels are done including mold line scrapings(from the main landing gear I'm working on right now). Nice to see separate centers that only require a press fit to mount and by press fit I mean get a sledge hammer and beat them on....no glue required. The bulge representation is a little over done methinks.

upload_2018-4-17_12-30-52.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, it might be that I haven't built a model with bulged tires(I think) so I'm not used to seeing them. Did a look at some period photos and there is a definite bulge there. Working on brake lines now, camera battery recharging.......

this is one of those situations where you are going to get different opinions Geo. To me those wheels look fine, and the separate tyre and rim is a great idea to me.

I love it when a kit maker does this Michael. Spent several frustrating hours last night with my first attempt at using Eduard canopy masks. I have yet to find a technique a placing the mask, whether it be Tamiya tape or these in the precise spot. I'll hold it, barely, using one part of the tweezers and when I go to place it, it rarely goes where I want it. Anyhoo.....I finally got the pilots section done, 28 pieces of tape for the windscreen and canopy. Every section required two pieces of masking. Is this normal for Eduard?

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:
As much as the multi- piece masking is a pain in the keester I think masking the old fashioned way would be an even greater pain. Here is the turret layout. Note steps E10 - E13 are a three piece affair...

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Trying to get psyched up enough to start laying the upper camo. I don't know why but using the AB is still intimidating.

Geo, while I have used tweezers I found that there was too much surface and the mask stuck more to the tweezers and tended to move. So I figured the less surface the better and switched to a #11 plastic disposable scalpel or a curved #12. Stick the mask to the tip of the blade and use the handle to position. Once in place you can use your finger to push it onto the canopy.
I've also picked up a needle-nosed tweezer but have yet to try it
disp-safety-scalpel-no-12-4-512-miltex.jpg
ref371611-025.jpg
sku_373431_2.jpg

Have not tried the needle-nose yet. I hold the canopy with an alligator clip parts holder (soldering helping hands) so both hands are free then use the scalpel with the mask just barely stuck to the very tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back