****DONE GB-38 1/32 FW190A-8 – Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Wayne.
I got some detail shots into the wheel wells, and the ETC rack, at Cosford. Let me know if you want copies.
Hey Terry, that would be great, thanks.
Painted the front Engine Silver and added a Black wash, nothing special going to happen as it's almost all invisible once the cowling is wrapped around it and the fan blades are in place.....plenty of time saved...!

Made up the upper (3 pieces) and lower (4 Pieces) sections of the cowling to make the job easier lining everything up......hopefully..!
Well it all fits pretty snug...:D
11_Engine Paint & Wash_0494.jpg
12_Upper Cowl Cover_0495.jpg
13_Upper Cowl Cover_0496.jpg
14_Upper Cowl cover_0509.jpg
15_Lower cowl Cover_0497.jpg
16_Lower Cowl Cover_0510.jpg
17_Cowl Fit_0502.jpg

time to add some more progress.....the Cowl ring is assembled and the extra pics show all the covers and cooling fan dry fitted, not much engine to see...
Also opened up the shell ejection chutes for the cowl guns.
Plus started on the Cockpit stuff, prepped the parts, assembled, added the etch after removing the raised detail, painted and drybrushed.
This time around the etch was a close match to Tamiya's XF-24 dark Grey
18_Front Cowl and Ring assembled_0504.jpg
19_Cowl dryfit_0506.jpg
20_cooling fan Dryfit_0550.jpg
21_Open shell chutes_0438.jpg
22_Open Ejection chutes_0548.jpg
23_Cockpit components_0491.jpg
24_Cockpit painted_0566.jpg
25_Cockpit Etch & Painted_0567.jpg

Nice ! The colour of the PE parts certainly looks better than the 'usual' Eduard Luftwaffe parts.
BTW, did you get the pics I sent ?
Had a couple of hitches with e-mails the day i sent them, and although shown as 'sent', I'm not sure they actually went !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back