**** DONE: GB-39 1:48 Dewoitine D.520 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To sume up.. my rendition can be not perfect and I may be wrong but I found another profile on my old CD record. I forgot I had that one. When compared to the stuff above I would say I'm quite close. The difference is the green spot in front of the cockpit while it looks like the Blue-grey one rather. Also the fin got the brown at its top only. But I would say it should be on the almost entire fin. Additionally the green and the brown are swapped at the front area of the fuselage behind the exhaust pipes..

d530 1940_1a.jpg

d530 1940.jpg

Definitely not easy...faded, glare, dirty? Also note on the tail above the greyhound, a dark patch similar in shade to the brown around the windscreen. Off to PG shortly and I'll start spraying when I get home....close enough is my target

Great job Wojtek. Started hosing down the blue-grey. Just wanted to make sure I over-covered everything as I have found that brush painting never matches.

upload_2018-8-31_15-47-11.png

The next step will be a more diluted paint and lower air pressure

Second color on; stress level way up. I'll be doing some touch-ups as I missed a few bends and over shot the brown on the left wing root(still trying to figure out the angles to avoid this. I used about a 45/55 paint/thinner mix and had the airbrush around 15psi. Not close to perfect or accurate but happy with the result so far. I'll tighten everything up with the green

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Critique away, it can only help me. :)

I see my friend. I have found the profile. While it is for the Vichi in 1941 but I don'tthink the layout of the Blue-grey/Green/Brown was changed. Just they added the yellow painted area for the ID. I'm not sure about the source the profile author based on but it folows the order/regulation for camo layout used to the July 1940. Below also the profile with the ordered layout. The color profile isn't too accurate for the particular plane but it is very close. If you want I can merge the corrections making the profile more compatibile with the starboard side.

d520.jpg

d520_July_1940.jpg

Thanks Hugh. Right or wrong, the main colors are on. I went through all (3) my Dewoitine books and couldn't find photos of two similar painted aircraft so I went with a little from column A and a little from column B. 9 times outta 10 an aircraft is photographed from the left but not this aircraft. Going to let this dry and then do touch-ups and in a few cases move the demarcations a bit. The colors may be a bit off but I do think they compliment each other.Pretty happy with the way it turned out but a lot left to learn and practice.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Looking really very nice. :thumbright:

BTW.. I have edited the profile posted above. IMHO the plane could look at the port side like that or so....

d520a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back