**** DONE: GB-41 1/72 Vought F4U-1A Corsair - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for all the comments folks :)

I have been off a few days and have made more progress. Photos shortly. Paint is on now but i'll let you guys decide if it looks good or not :coldsweat:

Cheers Greg

Photos of progress attached.....

I mixed the dark blue with anthracite per Revell's instructions and i came out as very dark blue as you will see. I'm not sure if this is "grey" enough?! Let me know what you think.

The model is brush painted with acrylics and still needs a few touch ups here and there. Next job will be decals and a bit of weathering as these aircraft were stored in the open in dusty hot conditions which appears to play havoc with the paint finish. The white undersides is again per Revell's instructions so is matt white mixed with a spot of light green, which i think looks better than just plain white.

175.JPG
176.JPG
177.JPG

More soon, i hope to get back to the bench over the weekend,

Cheers Greg :salute:

Moving on...

I have added the decals, which were well behaved on the whole. The taped section immediately in front of the canopy was tricky as it comes in three parts but i managed to get it to all line up. With the markings in place i decided to apply some weathering before adding the matt varnish to seal it all in. I used Humbrol and Revell weathering powders, which have dulled down the bright paintwork and added some grime in places.

All in all i am quite pleased so far. Next stage is the landing gear and after that its as good as finished.

paint (1).JPG
paint (2).JPG
paint (3).JPG

Cheers Greg :thumbup:

Well done. Weathering looks great. I've never heard of those brands weathering powders
Hi George,

Thanks for the kind remarks. The weathering powders i use are whats most readily available in the shops here. The Revell ones are good when mixed with water to provide a thick sludge which can be applied wet and the excess wiped off when they have partially dried. The Humbrol powders are more like ground down chalks and can be applied directly to the models with a brush. These are quite subtle by comparison. I would expect they are cheaper than the Mig products that i hear a lot of people using.

Cheers Greg

Thanks for the kind words guys :grinning:, they are most appreciated.

I finished the model at the weekend, and will post photos tomorrow (hopefully)

Cheers Greg :thumbup:

So i'm finished with this one!

A good little inexpensive kit of the Corsair, i recon it looks the part. I added a whip Ariel instead of the kit mast/post as some photos show white 3 without the mast on the fuselage spine.

After the final additions of the rather fragile undercarriage and the canopy it is done. I will post a "finished" thread later.

Some pics, and hope you like, cheers Greg

comp a (1).JPG
comp a (2).JPG
comp a (3).JPG
comp a (4).JPG
comp a (5).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back