**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok some more progress.....

the upper nose panel is in place, the front and rear attachment join points for the engine Nacelles have been layered with stretched sprue sanded down and detail restored.
added plasticard rebuilt antennas on the upper Fuselage, one is UHF Radio the other the IFF and started prepping the undercarriage.
63_Nose Panel_4332.jpg
64_Engine nacelle Panel Lines_4337.jpg
65_Upper fuselage Antennas_4341.jpg
66_Undercarriage Prep_4348.jpg

Thanks Guys.
While reviewing where I was at and looking at some reference pictures....I noticed my Bird has had a new upgraded Antenna fitted, therefore the rear of the 2 scratchbuilt units in my last post now has to be removed and replaced with the new version. It was right there all the time but i didn't notice it till now.....idiot!

Done that before - and again on my F-5E build. Just remembered there's a blade antenna needs to be made and fitted on the spine - very clearly visible in all my reference pics !

Been rather busy the past few days with things, plus a bit of a scare with my wife's Father on Friday after a call from my wifes nephew , he is not well at 82 coupled with the hot day he didn't take his meds, didn't eat and got dehydrated from not drinking either so was in a pretty poor state when we got there to check on him.
Thankfully he improved after sorting things out......

Ok back to the model removed the 'Old' Antenna, scratchbuilt the 'New' Antenna and fitted it in place, it is an upgrade for 'Beyond Line of Sight' capabilities.

First Pic "old" then "New" Plus I have now fitted the lower Nose section with a bit of plasticard strip to improve alignment.

65_Upper fuselage Antennas_4341.jpg
67_Antenna Replacement_4379.jpg
69_Antenna Replacement_4372.jpg
69_Lower Nose Panel_4373.jpg
70_Lower Nose assy_4375.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back