**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 F-16 South Dakota ANG - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I glued on the nose and the intake.
It doesn't look like that much progress, but the intake to fuselage joint wasn't great and it took a lot of work to make it disappear (red arrows)
If they would have placed this joint a half inch to the rear at the forward end of the main gear bay like the old Monogram kit did there would have made for a lot less work involved.

P1012907.JPG

Got a lot done yesterday

Filled and sanded the joint on the bottom of the wings, did a neutral gray wash on the white gear bay interiors and installed the ventral fins and wing tip rocket rails

P1012909.JPG

Also filled and sanded the ugly upper wing to fuselage joint and glued on the tail

P1012908.JPG

I always seem to be making more work for myself.
While looking at some pictures of the canopy (First 2 pictures Source: the internet) I could see that there is some sort of black gasket running around the edge of the plexiglass.
To make this work I first masked the canopy about 1MM in from the line of the frame and sprayed it black, then masked over that 1mm and will paint it with the camo color. In the third picture all that masking has been done ( 2 hours over 2 days) and the canopy sections glued to the fuselage. I must say that this is one of the nicest fitting enjected molded canopies I've ever dealt with.

IMG_3715.JPG
IMG_37142.JPG
IMG_3712.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back