**** DONE: GB-46 1:72 DFS 230-V - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Username: Bustedwing
First name: Graham
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Bronco
Scale 1:72
Model: DFS 230-Assault Glider
Add ons, Masking tape belts, PE belt buckles

I have a bunch of kits that would fit this build and I've been looking to build this kit for quite a while. It's the first Bronco kit I have ever done. It looks fantastic apart from lots of ejector pin marks. There are a lot of very small pieces that are perfectly formed and some nice detail along with some PE parts. The instruction sheet has a write up on the plane but it's in how shall we say, very bad English and hard to make sense off. Interesting idea to say the least, must have been an interesting ride !!

DFS230 (1)r.jpg

DFS230 (2)r.jpg

I was a teenager at the time and as far as I remember, it wasn't too bad. However, I still think I LOOK like a teenager despite most of my hair being gone, the ones I have left being grey, and my sagging gut so take that memory with a grain of salt.

Well about all I can say is WOW what an amazing kit ! Especially after struggling with the last one. Parts are numerous and tiny but separate from the sprues without exploding. Every thing fits exactly as well. This is the first Bronco kit I have done and I must say, I'm impressed ! There were quite a few ejector marks but they were not dents but dinks so easily scraped away. The instructions are a bit vague as to correct location of parts but there are lots of location points molded into the plastic so it's easy enough to figure out. Here is how it looks so far. No paint yet. Tomorrow rain=paint. Tomorrow sunny= gardening. I think I'll be painting !

DFS230 (3)r.jpg

DFS230 (4)r.jpg

DFS230 (5)r.jpg

DFS230 (6)r.jpg

DFS230 (8)r.jpg

There are sets of decals to build two different planes but no description about them. I plan to use these decals which so far as I can find were the gliders used on the asault of Fort Eben Emael in 1940.

Bronco CB35039 German Tactical Assault Glider DFS 230 B-1 w Fallschirmjäger (2aaa).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back