**** DONE: GB-51 1/48 Vampire FB.MK.9 - No Propellers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

couple of in progress shots, will sort out a finished pic a bit later, underside is PRU blue, though i mixed mine myself so is not an exact shade !

DSC_0333.jpg
DSC_0332.jpg

Great build. The diversion from the 'traditional' is a welcome sight. Even with the 'wrinkelly' decal, an amazing piece of work. The decal has to be the same as some you have left over?

Great build. The diversion from the 'traditional' is a welcome sight. Even with the 'wrinkelly' decal, an amazing piece of work. The decal has to be the same as some you have left over?
I have the complete decal sheet from the kit, same as yours, so i could change the wrinkled decals but to be honest i cant be bothered as they dont worry me that much :lol:

Getting ready to mate the big pieces together to make something that looks like an aircraft. Absolutely amazed at the seam fits of this kit. Not apparent in the photo, but there are no miss-aligned seams, seam gaps, edges longer/shorter than others. One of their methods is how they attach the sprues. In the case of the wings, fuselage and the other wing parts, they attach to the inside edge, where a simple filing of the flat surface is all that is needed. No sprue excess on the outside. I certainly will be on the lookout for more of these Trumpeter kits.

The shotgun shot has come in handy again. I 'glued' some in (I hope enough) using canopy glue. Should stick, unless I drop it.

Progress 8-12-21.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff. I have heard that Trumpeter can be hit and miss for details like you mention so not sure you will find all of their other offerings to be consistent,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back