**** DONE : GB-53 1/48 Yak-3 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Photos are with my old S6 cell phone, cropped with Irfanview. My challenge is to get the background completely black like Brett Green's review pics.

Thanks again. Work continues on the engine and pit. First off, the engine has received additional paint with the coolant lines in green and the engine bearers in grey. The cylinder ends of the intake manifolds have been changed from silver to black and lead wire was used to replicate the spark plug wires.

22022401.jpg
22022402.jpg
22022403.jpg

On the cockpit sidewalls, I didn't go crazy adding details but highlighted existing details with paint using online pics and another excellent build as references. I didn't bother trying to hide the ejector pin marks. Only the ones under the trim wheels might be visible and, if so, just barely.

22022404.jpg
22022405.jpg

The seatback cushion was highlighted with Tamiya wash but it's hard to see with the black on grey lighting. The side panel controls have been picked out in red and yellow. Seatbelts will be scratch built and have yet to be added.

22022406.jpg

For the instrument panel, I cut out the instrument decals individually and applied them in the raised faces before sealing them over with a drop of PA on each one to represent the glass.

22022407.jpg

Tnanks again for following along and for the comments.

Thanks everyone. Having a hard tie maintaining interest in this build but I do have a bit to show. These pics are the result of small snippets of work, done in 10 or 15 minute spurts over the last week.

The wing and fuselage have been mated and the fit is very impressive. The exposed engine is just dry fit into place for this shot:

22030702.jpg

A close-up of the engine and support framing, again just sitting there with no glue. The lower curved contour should be flush with the wing fairing.

22030701.jpg

Still deciding which way I'm going to go on this but I'll need to sh!t or get off the pot very soon. Thanks for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back