**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.1 - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oops !

Don't know what happened there, but the pic seems to have got in the way of the text !

Edited, my friend.

Gents,

For these to whom the displaying of pics mixed with the post text causes a problem I would suggest switching to the Toggle BB code option. You may do it using the "[]" icon seen on the top bar of the own post also in the edit mode. See the screenshot below. If you click this you get the view of the post as the full text including all the files you attached. It allows to keep the controll on the post layout because it is better to copy and move the text to the any line of the post. Just a note .. if you choose the TBBC option from the top bar it is the one-time setting/use. It means that when you click the Post Replay button or the Save one being in the Edit mode, the option will be switched back to the default one.

tbbcode.jpg

If you want to keep the option active for all of your posts you, have to go to the account settings and find the Editor Playground section . There mark the "Show Editor HTML decoded to the BB-code" option. It allows to have the option enabled as the default all the time. I suggest using of the Save button before leaving the account settings. It is not displayed at the bottom of the EP section so you have to click the Account Details section there for instance. I hope it should help.

tbbcode1.jpg

Many thanks to Terry (Airframes) for info sent, articles and photos. The interior colors are much better defined now after seeing the photos. Now to try and mask those little window panes from the inside! May be the right time for me to use some liquid mask? And a good thing the outside will be painted as well, I created a crack across the top, too much squeezing while holding to clean up sprue bits.

Cockpit glass.JPG

Careful handling that canopy now Ralph. With that crack present it doesn't take much to break it all the way. Ask me how I know....
Since its going to be painted, in and out (except for the small viewing ports) I have brushed on some Tamiya extra thin liquid. not worrying about fogging and all. But it will be handled a bit gentler now!

Ralph, if you are masking the inside of the clear parts for the interior colour, don't. Mask the outside as usual, shoot the interior colour and then cover with the camo.....unless I'm missing something. I cheated and bought canopy masks
Doooh! Actually, that's what I have been doing for the past umpteen builds. BF I guess. Mind somewhere else today. Had an episode with some A/C repairs on the house and the final cost was, well, not what I thought it should be. My normal comment with any pricey purchases was always "do you know how many cases of beer that would buy?", now it's 'KITS". Getting old I guess!

Ready to button up and glue the fuselage pieces together. Dry fitting has the fuselage half seams fitting tight, so I should have a no-problem with assembly...:rolleyes:

I did apply a light 'wash' to try and knock some of the newness off.

Defiant Mk I Cockpit.jpg

Defiant Mk I Cockpit 2.jpg

The instrument panel is more labor intense than usual, applying most of the gauges individually. It will look best in the cockpit closed up when really close inspection will be impossible.

Defiant Mk I Instrument Panel 2.jpg

Good stuff Ralph, and that instrument panel is more than acceptable as is, especially to the naked eye.
Looking forward to more.
One small point though - if not too late, paint the compass body a mid gray colour. with the dial in black.

Good stuff Ralph, and that instrument panel is more than acceptable as is, especially to the naked eye.
Looking forward to more.
One small point though - if not too late, paint the compass body a mid gray colour. with the dial in black.
Is that what that is. Before installing, I was going to look through all of the great info that was sent and try to figure out what it was and how to detail. I do still have a bit of toyching up on some of the decals. There was no way to seperate some of the close dual guages so the 'bridge' decal material needs to be nicked off.. That and a bit of black touch up. I painted the IP with Vallejo black, and being lazy, I grabbed the Taymia rattle can of flat. Tamaya rattle can stuff doesn't play nice with Vallejo... Thanks

Pic below shows the compass. the light-coloured "strip" and round gauges to the right of this, on the edge of the panel, are the oil pressure, oil temperature and coolant temperature gauges and were yellow, orange and red respectively.

Defiant cockpit compass.jpg

Pic below shows the compass. the light-coloured "strip" and round gauges to the right of this, on the edge of the panel, are the oil pressure, oil temperature and coolant temperature gauges and were yellow, orange and red respectively.

View attachment 724496

I'll need to be building a 1:32 or 1:24 to be able to get to that level of color detail. Here is what I was able to come up with. Realizing how small that this is in this scale this will just have to do. In my decal stash I found an IP decal that had a compass on it; cut that out and wallah some really tiny white roundy lines.

Defiant Mk I Instrument Panel 4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back