**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat (Late) - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. More PE fun. Right lap harness has five pieces and the left has four. These include 1mm long pieces. They are the brown coloured strips on top by the buckles. They are only on for the photo and will be attached after paint

IMG_0001.JPG

I tried something new with the PE this time. I used Lepage's 12 - 5 Minute Epoxy which really helped with the constant repositioning. Now here's the odd part....up until yesterday I wasn't aware I had Lepage's 12 - 5 Minute Epoxy. I couldn't even hazard a guess as to when I may have purchased this. There are no instructions on the the tubes so I Google Lepage's 12 - 5 Minute Epoxy and nada, not even photos of the tubes. I'm assuming I mix equal parts together and I have a five minute working period. Anyhoo....pretty happy with this stuff and will use it with all my other PE madness

IMG_0003.JPG

Last edited:
Thought about it Vic. I even thought about painting with a fine brush. Here's a WTF moment......

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Time to get the drill out

Right.....spritz, spritz, spritz. According to IPMS Stockholm (where I can no longer look at the colour chips) late -5s had everything above the consoles painted black and so it shall be

IMG_2824.JPG

Case in point....

1692068398720.png

AERO DETAIL 12
IPMS Stockholm also says the interior of the cowl may be grey, interior green or black so already having the air brush loaded up......

Added some more PE. During editing I noticed the left side was askew. The beauty of epoxy is I could go down 10 minutes later and move it into place. Unfortunately the battery died so your left with the before shot

IMG_0001.JPG

Done for now, packing day; crew bus in three hours. Have a good week gentlemen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back