**** DONE: GB-60 1/32 Bf110 C-7 - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All this discussion on the paint has me a wondering. Never trust the model or decal people to do your research! But damn, the C-7 was a limited run Jabo, fighter bomber. By this time the there was more use for the tactical bomber than the fighter I figure.

So these are the options, I think I see from all the inputs and looking in the book the issue. I may have to re due the paint, Good lord I hate that.
This is the oprion from the HGW decals I have.
img20231121_12255816-1.jpg

And from the kit!
img20231121_12302705-1.jpg

Looking for some input here guys. Great catch Andy! and thanks Ralph.

I forgot I had John Vasco's Sting of the Luftwaffe. Though I didn't find the specific aircraft I did find enough of the paint scheme to know that what Andy said was what I need to do.

With permission from John Vasco illustrations by Fernando Estanislan from the book "The Messerschmitt Bf 110 In Color Profile 1939-1945" copyright 2005, page 107, S9+LP.

"I have no problem with you doing that. All Fernando asks (he did the profile) is that full attribution is given to the book, and to him as the profile artist. All the info on it is in the text. Note that it was originally a C-2 sub-variant, so must have gone through a repair facility where it was upgraded to C-7 specs with bomb racks."

Vasco 110 in profile-11.jpg

My biggest problem here is that there is no top view and the colors to me to be subjective. I've seen everything from one end of the spectrum to the other and all what's in between. The paint is not a hard but a soft feather edge camo so that's easy to fix... with the engines blocking the fuselage and the lack of a top view I DO NOT KNOW MATEY.

Ralph's C4/B, (I've scenes learned is a C-7), is much the same but everything seems to be up in the air as to the colors. I'm going I think with what I have with some modification in the side fuselage and tail scheme.

Well, I probably would have gone the other way. If it was a C-2 originally then earlier camo of 02/71/65 might be appropriate. But hey, I don't know for sure and the later camo will look great.

Well, I probably would have gone the other way. If it was a C-2 originally then earlier camo of 02/71/65 might be appropriate. But hey, I don't know for sure and the later camo will look great.
But as I understand the linage, it was either a new build or a refurbished C-4, does the refurbished C-4 make a difference, I for one don't have a clue, I've got input going both ways, but no pictures definitive info.

But as I understand the linage, it was either a new build or a refurbished C-4, does the refurbished C-4 make a difference, I for one don't have a clue, I've got input going both ways, but no pictures definitive info.

Just my opinion Don with no basis in hard facts. Your post 192 says this bird started life as a C-2 so my thought was the early camo seems likely. Can't see why they would repaint the whole plane after adding bomb racks. But as I say, I'm far from an expert on this.

Just my opinion Don with no basis in hard facts. Your post 192 says this bird started life as a C-2 so my thought was the early camo seems likely. Can't see why they would repaint the whole plane after adding bomb racks. But as I say, I'm far from an expert on this.
Ok but the call out a three color paint splinter scheme as well, that doesn't seem correct either and it did have to go back to the factory to be refurbished as a C-7(4/B). It's not just a bomb rack change. The aircraft is beefed up for the heavier bomb loads over the C-4. So since they are factory rebuilt than a new paint makes sense. Also several are new built according to the little bit I comb from the books. It seems pretty murky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back