**** DONE: GB-61 1/48 Douglas TBD-1A Floatplane – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks gents. I managed a bit more today and after deciding some little switched were too much bother. As you can see all the cockpit parts are now in place, tomorrow I'll have a go at joining the two halves together, from preliminary checks this looks to be a major headache. We will see.

20240213 1.JPG

20240213 2.JPG

20240213 3.JPG

20240213 4.JPG

20240213 5.JPG

20240213 6.jpg

I have a question with this next pic. This is the torpedo aiming window on the underside of the fuselage and it had doors that close up as one would see with a bomb bay. My question is, should it be cockpit green or chromate yellow! Any suggestions or pointers please, and thanks for any input.
20240213 7.JPG

:D

Sweet looking interior Vic! As for your question on the "bomb bay" I would be inclined towards chromate yellow, but I'm sure more knowledgeable folk than I will give a more definitive answer.

Keep up the great work!

Sweet looking interior Vic! As for your question on the "bomb bay" I would be inclined towards chromate yellow, but I'm sure more knowledgeable folk than I will give a more definitive answer.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks Grant and as you can see at this point I've hedged my bets but have to confess I'm leaning towards the chromate. :thumbright: :D

Once again, many thanks gents for the compliments. :D

Thanks to George (thank you again Geo) who sent me this great pic of the bomb sight window protection doors this morning I now know the colour is most likely to be chromate green.
20231121 3.jpg

What was also of interest were the doors themselves, nothing like the kit provided doors which I had modified with the PE parts supplied in the kit.
See here where I've removed the PE after finding them lacking.
20240214 1.JPG

The kit instructions as you can see lead to confusion and at first gave me the impression the folds go upward.
20240214 2.JPG

No holes in these so having removed them from the plastic, I set about sorting some holes.
20240214 3.jpg

20240214 4.JPG

They look a bit rough but a couple of sprays of primer before the chromate should sort it. :lol::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back