**** DONE: GB-61 1/48 Douglas TBD-1A Floatplane – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My thanks gents, it's been a couple of slow old days with little in the way of modelling but I have managed to male a start on the decals. I only have a few more to go then it will be a bit of enhancement i.e.. make it look used.

20240307 1.JPG

20240307 2.JPG

I'm trying to get the above left insignia to bed down better. it's being stubborn.

20240307 3.JPG

:D

Love it Vic.
What's your cure for the decal problem?
Problem solved and my thanks to you all for the kind words and especially to you Geo for that little tip, it may come in handy when I do the upper wing insignia.

Evan, I kept applying Micro Sol letting it sit for a few moments and then with a little pressure rolled an ear bud over it which helped push the decal down into the grooves.
:D

I got the wing decals sorted but unfortunately one of them decided to fracture even though I had coated them with a liberal amount of liquid decal film. I didn't have any spares not of that era so had to find something of a similar colour and do a patch job. In all honesty I don't think it looks to bad and the colours or shine should even out when doing a clear spray.

The fractured decal.
20240309 1.JPG

All patched up.
20240309 2.JPG

:D :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back