**** DONE: Junkers Ju 88 A4, 5K+BP of 6/KG3 Russia 1941-42

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Karl, would you lik me to post a pic here of a 1/48th scale JU88A5 alongside the (taped up) fuselage and wings of the 1/32nd scale kit?

go on then so i can laugh at where the hell your going to keep yours !!!!!!:shock:

unless your going to hang it from the ceiling, then you'll probably still bump into it :lol:

Ah Ha! But it's going to the museum in Slavicin, innit!!? But I will have to find room for the second one, for myself, when I do it! Gawd knows where the heck I'll put it - probably in the whole corner of one room somewhere!
I'll see if I can get the big 'un taped together and post a pic with the 1/8th scale model, tomorrow sometime.

Oops! Sorry Vic, it was a typo - should read 1/48th scale!
Karl, I haven't managed to get the shots yet, but I'll try to get 'em posted either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.
Andy, you're right! Even with extra shelving and moving furniture around, I'm pressed for display space now. The 1/32nd Beaufighter takes up the room of four 1/48th scale models too!

brought the cockpit canopie parts into work so i could mask them ready for painting inbetween shifts, what a pain, lots of frames !!!!!
pics tomorow

questions.
what colour were the parts for what i think is a radio direction finder, they are under a glass disc halfway down the top of the fuselage and look like a spoked wheel with a bar which i think is wrapped in wire ?

there are four clear plugs that go into the sides of the engine cowls one in each side of each engine, do these represent instrument dials and were they painted over or always on show ?

i'm at work so cant post pics of what i mean untill tomorow, but help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
those parts and the radiofinder are silver :)

the parts in the engine you mention is the engineinstrumnmets. they were blanked out on left and right side on each cowling when they are facing away from the cockpit but open on the inner sides so the pilot can see them ( if you see what i mean )
each cowling has two windows ( as they are changeable from left to right engine )
the instrumnetpanels in the engien are black

hope this clear something up

Last edited:
those parts and the radiofinder are silver :)

the parts in the engine you mention is the engineinstrumnmets. they were blanked out on left and right side on each cowling when they are facing away from the cockpit but open on the inner sides so the pilot can see them ( if you see what i mean )
each cowling has two windows ( as they are changeable from left to right engine )
the instrumnetpanels in the engien are black

hope this clear something up

excactly what i needed, thank you Guttorm :lol:

Nice work (again) Mr.G.
Here you go Kar (and others)l, some comparison shots. The first shot just shows the sheer bulk of the kit, with a typical sprue attachment point which, on average, aer 2mm thick by aroudn 5 to 6mm long! A saw is required to remove the parts!The JU88A-5 shown is 1/48th scale, and has the same wing as your A-4. Note that the Revell kit is minus the wingtips, tail and nose section! And another comparison, with the 1/72nd scale Lancaster.
A 1/48th scale JU88 is a fair size, but the Revell kit is a monster!!

Attachments

• Buys 113.jpg
    Buys 113.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Buys 115.jpg
    Buys 115.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Buys 117.jpg
    Buys 117.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 63
  • Buys 119.jpg
    Buys 119.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 66
bloody hell it is big :shock:, cheers for the pics Terry

here's a pic of my efforts at masking, not to bad even if i do say myself.
might get some paint on today or tomorrow, should i glue the canopie parts in place before painting or would it be better painting them first then attaching them ?

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 85
bloody hell it is big :shock:, cheers for the pics Terry

here's a pic of my efforts at masking, not to bad even if i do say myself.
might get some paint on today or tomorrow, should i glue the canopie parts in place before painting or would it be better painting them first then attaching them ?

Not a bad effort there Karl.
Your choice mate, which are you more comfortable with?.... if you fit them now be real careful with the glue, you dont want any to get under the masks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back