**** DONE: P-51D "Millie G" Lt. Col. E. B. Giller 343rd FS - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just been through your thread Glenn and WOW, impressive and what a great subject. Superb modelling my friend.

Have you thought of upping your skills to the next level?

You guys are starting to embarrass me now! :oops: It just comes down to taking the time to do carful masking.

Still slowly working on the decals. Have a lot of other stuff going on right now so it seems I can only sneak in ten minutes at a time which equals one or two decals, so like I said, slow going.

.......Have you thought of upping your skills to the next level?
I've been struggling with that question for some time now Vic. I feel I'm real good at the finishing aspect, but am still basically an out of the box builder. I've messed about with improving some stuff with some minor scratch building, but nowhere near in the same league as you guys in the expert category. I'd welcome feedback from you guys.

certainly looks like a step up would be a fair call considering what you have produced here Glenn....it's not always about lots of extra's mate plenty of top notch stuff is done mostly out of the box....

It would be great if you decided to come up a notch Glenn but when you weigh it all up, it's got to be something you feel comfortable with.

MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif

I think you guys convinced me to make the move, so I'll switch for the Foreign Service GB.

I got quite a bit done last night:
All the main decals complete. Still need to put on the stencils.
I drilled out the holes in the canopy frame cross brace and thinned it down some. It was way too plane looking and thick.
Assembled the prop. Still needs a shot of Dull Cote.
Painted the flaps and landing gear leg covers.

PB075740.JPG
PB065735.JPG
PB065736.JPG
PB075737.JPG
PB075738.JPG
PB075739.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back