**** DONE: Spitfire MkVIII, 136 Squadron RAF, Burma, 1944, Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey mate I got some mushrooms and I'm sure I can knock you up a chimp or two if you're interested..................sorry though no bananas, ate those...................:p :p :p

Thanks Glenn.
Nothing complex, just trimmed and dried grape stalks, sprayed with hair spray and then acrylic varnish, with the foliage from the 'Javis' range of scenic materials, in this case the smaller stuff for hedges and bushes.

Thanks very much indeed guys - I wasn't sure how well it would show up on the average monitor screen.
There's more to do yet, but the first stages were done with a couple of 'known' methods, plus a slightly risky experiment....

I've got to try this...... I just need that look for my Spitty and Tiffy..... they were well used planes, and the New look just doesn't do it...... more heart palps to come I guess!!!!!!!!! got to get some pastels.. Which colors did you use? if I may ask? Bill

Nothing complex, just trimmed and dried grape stalks, sprayed with hair spray and then acrylic varnish, with the foliage from the 'Javis' range of scenic materials, in this case the smaller stuff for hedges and bushes.

Damn me and I consume all that grape juice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........and not one stalk. :(.........:(

Bill, I only used a slight dusting of chalk pastel, with a pale greyish-beige mixed with a reddish-brown, crushed to a fine powder, mixed together, and wiped over the model where required.
The remainder was then brushed off. The rest of the 'dust' was done by dry-brush and damp-brush methods, with the final 'look' being created by adding just a tad more than needed of Tamiya Flat Base to Future, and sprayed overall. The latter gives the slightly diffused, overall dusty look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back