**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109G-10 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All done Vic. Printed off wing camo. I'll use this to make masks. Yes, the fuselage camo is non standard but I'm not creative enough to make up something.....or maybe just too lazy, i dunno. Don't let the print size deceive; I laid the model on top and its bang on. Still working on seams and will have to rescribe the top and bottom panel lines on the fuselage

IMG_0002.JPG

All done Vic. Printed off wing camo. I'll use this to make masks. Yes, the fuselage camo is non standard but I'm not creative enough to make up something.....or maybe just too lazy, i dunno. Don't let the print size deceive; I laid the model on top and its bang on. Still working on seams and will have to rescribe the top and bottom panel lines on the fuselage

Looking at the camo of the wing tops I would say it looks like being used for G-6 rather. The later one for the G-10 painted dark should be something like the one seen in the diagrams below rather. Ceratinly if it was the two tone camo on tops.

G-10.jpg

or
G-10_a.jpg

but the most probably
G-10_b.jpg

the source: the net.

I like "most probably", good for free handing. I'll post you something about the tail demarcations later on the left side. Profiles and photo don't seem to match. Still in PG and won't be home for about 3-4 hours. So we are a go for Tamiya XF-10 and NATO Green?

Last edited:
The Mushroom book for the late Bf 109 suggests the layout of the camo spots. IMHO this matches quite fine although the bottom part of the engine cowling and the rudder seem to be a guess only.

bf109G_1945_a1a.jpg

bf109G_1945_a3.jpg

the source: Mushroom 9110 Bf 109 Late Versions Camouflage & Markings

However the one seems to fit the layout quite better generally.

bf109G_1945_a2.jpg

the source: the net.

Ok, sprayed the underside of the wings Vallejo Metallic - White Aluminum - 77.706. When dry, I'll mask this and spray the rest of the underside and elevators RLM76 to match the bottom profile that Wojtek posted. Not gonna argue with Lynn Ritger and Anders Hjortsberg. Now topside, do I go with the first profile, 81/82 or the second profile, 82/83?

1705357719744.png

I agree the Ullman's colours look good. The MRP scanned chips in the net , show them in the way you may see below. The left one - RLM 82 , the right one - RLM83.

rlm82-83.jpg

Agreed Andy. Going with Nato Green for 82. XF74 looks close enough to me for 83. Anyhoo. Looking all Bf109y. After this photo I put the windscreen on and as I suspected, the canopy is short-shot where the two meet. When the windscreen sets up, I'll run some PVA along the seam, good enough for government work

IMG_2935.JPG

Tother side with White Aluminium on the wings

IMG_2934.JPG

Yeah I think Nato Green is close and I think that's what Wayne uses but he paints less opaque than I do. Check out my White 11 build here where I made an 82/83 scheme: 1/48 Tamiya FW190D-9 White 11 of IV/JG51

For 83 I think I used 1: XF-58 Olive Green + 1: XF-67 NATO Green

The 82 was a mish-mash. I started with 4: XF-26 Deep Green + 4: XF-3 Yellow + 1: X-2 White but that turned out too limey so added 4: XF-67 NATO Green.

1705379720886.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back