GB#21 - Pacific Theatre of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Find a model that fits the category of the GB........... as GB#21 is the PTO, Pacific Theater of Operations WWII, any aircraft Allied or Axis.

Keep the title simple as in 1/48 F4F-3 - Pacific Theatre of Operations II
........................................ Scale-Plane type-GB Name............. nuttin else.

Go here for first post requirements. Name, kit, just to keep it simple for the inmates here.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/group-builds-official/first-post-each-gb-entry-39804.html

This one has the "rules", just a claification to keep it all equal.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/group-builds-official/group-build-rules-17844.html

And this one for pictures of the finished build, just so the judges have an easier time of comparing.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/group-builds-official/group-build-photo-requirements-17034.html

Lots of pictures of the progress. This keeps the judges happy as well so they can see what's inside for their scoring too, as well as getting advice for questions you might have for the next step in the build. I have many!

Then enjoy.

Guys,

Thanks for all the help with the information for entering a group build. I have also looked at the various entries so I think I now have a pretty good idea what to do. I will create a post with my information and look for it later in the list of group builds.

Dave.

G'day guys!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what are the guidelines for the PTO II GB? Just wondering if Tiger Force aircraft would count.

Cheers, Evan

Interesting..... had never heard of this one. But would it qualify since it didn't happen is the question, that I cannot answer.

Tiger Force (air) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tiger Force, also known as the Very Long Range Bomber Force, was the name given to a World War II British Commonwealth long-range heavy bomber force, formed in 1945, from squadrons serving with RAF Bomber Command in Europe, for proposed use against targets in Japan. The unit was scheduled to be redeployed to the Pacific theatre in the lead-up to the Allies' proposed invasion of Japan. The unit was disbanded after the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ended the war.

I don't know much about this force and the Wiki article is pretty lean. If the force was never deployed to the PTO, then I'd say no. However, if some of the units were ferried over in preparation before the war ended, then I'd give it a go.

That is a cool scheme, and cool information, I too had never heard of them.

On my end, looks like a Seafire III may join the fray, along with possibly a Firefly or Barracuda. Though with my track record, maybe I should just stick to the two I have right now. :lol:

I actually put two Corsairs, an Avenger and a Helldiver in the first PTO build and finished them all on time. I also try to take a lot more care now though, and I haven't been building as often so my output is drastically lower.

Evan, if your desperate to do a lanc, there is always A66-1 :cool:

Attachments

• Q-Queenie.jpg
    Q-Queenie.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back