GB-40 1/48 Consolidated B-24D - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I shot some Olive on the top and wasn't happy with the seams, so I ran some CA gell in the worst of it and let it dry overnight then sanded it down. I also was checking the differances between Vallejo Olive Drab and Testors acrylic Olive drab. I found it was pretty much the same so I'll keep with the Testors for this project.

IMG_20190208_110421140.jpg
IMG_20190208_202904634.jpg
IMG_20190209_083121117.jpg
IMG_20190209_083130821.jpg

Your work was very clean, Don, there's no trace of that central scar.
It is a beautiful and huge aircraft. I have very pleasant memories when I work on mine.

Saludos :thumbup:

I've been working on masking with iyt a masking kit. I can do it but the nose is more of a pain than I think it needs to be. The ribbing is very fine and hard to trace under the masking tape so I ordered a mask kit from Sprue Brothers.
eduex293.jpg

IMG_20190211_140221521.jpg

A whole lot of green!
I remember the first time I built the Monogram B-24 kit back in highschool. Painted the hole thing with one of those Testors 1/4" flat brushes. What a pain!

A whole lot of green!
I remember the first time I built the Monogram B-24 kit back in highschool. Painted the hole thing with one of those Testors 1/4" flat brushes. What a pain!
I remember those days, teal pain but thought you had done the greatest thing ever.

Looking good Don. I am sold on those masks now, well worth the cost when doing multi-panel clear parts. I'm going to go through my stash, take inventory and then do a mass purchase from the Eduard site to cut down on shipping costs. That, plus I'm a freakin' Bunny Fighter Club member #4034, which gets me an additional 15% off

Looking good Don. I am sold on those masks now, well worth the cost when doing multi-panel clear parts. I'm going to go through my stash, take inventory and then do a mass purchase from the Eduard site to cut down on shipping costs. That, plus I'm a freakin' Bunny Fighter Club member #4034, which gets me an additional 15% off
I ordered on from Sprue brothers , supposed to be here today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back