GB-43 1/32 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24 - Aces' Aircraft of All Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great start Jan!

...And a question... Don't normally like to build the same types as others, but desperate to find a build I can make any headway on for once... would you mind if I was to steal your idea and do a 1:72 I-16? Was thinking of doing one of Capt. Boris Safonov's aircraft.

Carry on mate!

Doubles the chance of an I-16 actually being finished for this GB! :lol:

:lol:

Tooling a wee bit....

IMG_20190810_163734.jpg

IMG_20190810_163812.jpg

I can see the fork spanner is of the correct size for the engine. I hope you also have a spark plug wrench. ;)
Keep woking on.... :thumbright:

What a shame. You could use fingers instead of the wrench to open that bottle. :lol:

Also I would suggest tapplying of the intrior colour firstly and then painting of the details. But still :thumbright:

What a shame. You could use fingers instead of the wrench to open that bottle. :lol:

Also I would suggest tapplying of the intrior colour firstly and then painting of the details. But still :thumbright:

Usually, when these bottle are blocked, I take the tip off an clean out the old paint, but....for some (put your sentence enhancer here) reason, I didn't do that this time! :lol:

I have....after checking around for interior colours, I went for one that I had, that was close enough....off course it was almost the same colour as the styrene!! :lol:

Had nearly a moment of....'did I paint this one?' :lol:

Time for a cuppa! :thumbright:

Actually the cockpit interior could be A-14 Stalnoj ( in fact, a dark grey) FS 26187 for pre-war planes. In 1940-1941 most of I-16s got the light blue - AII Goluboj FS 15466/25466/35466 depending on how old the coat was. The older coat the more matt tone. Many I-16s had their cockpit finished with primers only... wood parts - Aerolak FS 26320 or 26176 and the metal pieces ALG-5 ~ FS 34670. Your I-16 is going to be the type 24 so the dark grey or the AII Goluboj should be there. It would depend on when (in which year) the I-16 was made. If she would be assembled in 1939 the A-14 Stalnoj should be there but if in 1940 the AII Goluboj would be more likely.

fs26187.jpg
fs25466.jpg

71.317... AII Goluboj. The 71.318 is the equivalent of the AMT-7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back