GB-46 1:72 AS.51 Horsa Mk.1 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've given the interior brown and greens another coat using some darker colours. The washy look wasn't very visible when closed up and peering through the tiny doors.

N.B Sorry, still confused with which way around to take these photos on an iPhone. It swaps and changes for some reason 🙄

B756DFD7-7A1E-4A04-825F-CA7DC05CFFC1.jpeg

Looking good Chris.
You can have better control over your pics using an editing system such as 'Irfanview' on your computer. It's free to download and very easy to sue, allowing image rotation (including fine rotation, a degree or two per 'go'), re-sizing, colour and contrat control, brightness, sharpening etc.
This means you can upload from you 'phone or camera, and reatain the complete file, but still make changes as required - much easier than messing around o the original device.

Looking good Chris.
You can have better control over your pics using an editing system such as 'Irfanview' on your computer. It's free to download and very easy to sue, allowing image rotation (including fine rotation, a degree or two per 'go'), re-sizing, colour and contrat control, brightness, sharpening etc.
This means you can upload from you 'phone or camera, and reatain the complete file, but still make changes as required - much easier than messing around o the original device.

I never use a computer for my personal browsing and internet life believe it or not Terry.

I spend most of the day working remotely off a works Dell laptop. But only ever use either iPhone or iPad for this sort of stuff. Don't get me started on the MacBook we've got either, that things more confusing than the iPhone (unless you're my 11yr old daughter 😂 ).

So as research has confirmed the doors slide upwards into the fuse and not fold out and down on the Mk1 as the instructions would lead you to believe.

So I've attached them inside, with just the very bottom showing enough to highlight the detail.

6237F020-F653-48D8-95A0-561457C3D46E.jpeg

630CBAF4-A0FE-44B3-BE08-9C838CDE49C0.jpeg

31DCDF99-D0C5-4B58-BC0C-FDAF005101B8.jpeg

In other news, the Vallejo putty is on its way according to the eBay seller so work can commence soon..

:thumbright: Never used Vallejo putty so looking forward to a review

I'll be sure to feedback. But can't really compare to anything as my putty experience is zero.
I watched a few YouTube videos of it in use and it appears so easy to fill seams and imperfections with that I figured it would be a good place to start.

Good stuff Chris!
Still a little confused with the doors though... so the Mk.I had the loading ramp and slide-up door (not drop down) , and the Mk.II just the sliding door? If so, why the steps in the door of the Mk.I? Mistake by Italeri?

Thanks Evan, well from what I've found they're not completely incorrect to be fair.

The door could fold forwards, if part of the loading ramp. But what Italeri show as steps to attach to the back of the door is in fact a removable panel.

The doors retract upwards when only using as a crew door. With a small ladder used to embark.

I found these tech drawings on the net, can't remember the source now. But they piece together the way it works.

ED5FF2ED-60F4-41BD-94C8-613E0CB11045.jpeg

D099B874-E202-492A-BA5C-532BD15D79CC.jpeg

Well the putty has arrived so the build can commence.

First up. This kit doesn't have this structure running in front of the canopy.

04454F05-A5AB-4CF4-AEC1-C26174591400.jpeg

So, some filed down sprue later and hey presto. May thin it out a little more later.

6E381211-9A04-4E8C-B3F5-2AEB0BB82296.jpeg

2B63DF5B-5FB7-4728-BA2A-C07FD844F6F0.jpeg

169D788B-ED34-47AA-B530-0BE88FB9676D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back