GB 47 Split Build August 1st – December 6th 2020 - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front / Neutral Nations 1939-1945

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Produced from 1944 so why not. Just need to match the airframe with a service date after D-Day
What I was guessing. Forty seven built if I recall correctly and if I understand correctly, was used in the recon roll.

Finallllly!
Was able to log into my Hannants acct and order an F5 Racon, correct intakes and masks.
So will be joining in for this one when it all gets here.
Will be an OB build so should go, yeah right, quickly.
See you in the trenches.!
GB47_01.jpg

Netherlands was neutral I believe during this time. Would a build from the east Indies during the Japanese invasion count?

Wile looking through my decal stash this evening to find a subject for this group build I came across this wonderful 1/72 D-Day sheet from Xtra Decals that I bought when I was building a Typhoon for a group build a few years back. Looking in the model stash I found 4 Academy kits that fit 5 of the subjects on the sheet.. A 1/72 scale Fighter would work good for me now because I don't know what my work schedule will be the rest of the year so if I'm busy I can still finish at least 1, and if not I'll start another.

Well any way, here are the choices.

First a Spitfire Mk.XIVc of 91 Sqn. along with the Academy kit

1a.jpg
1b.jpg

Next a Tempest 486 Sqn (New Zealand)

2a.jpg
2b.jpg

A Hurricane of 1697 Air Dispatch Letter Service

3a.jpg
3b.jpg

And last, a choice of 2 different early Mustangs

4a.jpg
4b.jpg

Good subjects Glenn. Now this may seem weird but that is the first Hurricane I've seen with invasion stripes
Judging from the description it doesn't sound like it flew combat, but if it was in the air on D-Day it had to have the Invasion stripes.
It would make a unique subject

Users who are viewing this thread

Back