GB-57 1/72 A-36 Apache RCAF - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How about a stamp pad and a circular stamp using paint instead of ink? The outline might be rounder than free hand.

Meanwhile, back in the "big" model... This is where we are now, cockpit is sealed up, a lot of smaller details are underway or done, and the figure is done. The bomb stripes aren't exactly where they should be, I don't know why the armorers wanted to put markings in the most difficult way to mask a model 80 years in the future.
sprue4.jpg

Detail on the sentry, this is part of a RAF figure set from the 80's. For it's time, the detail isn't bad, better than my current painting skills anyway.
sprue5.jpg

I might be calling this soon to concentrate on the next build and use this as my zombie. Now hear me out, I have two other big projects coming up. There is a big car show that I'm part of in May and.... I'm going to JAPAN for a week in June. Daughter is going for 2 weeks and said, "Come on Dad, it'll be fun".

Progress on the bonus build; I have some bogus serials, 2 choices for the hornet marking (speaking of which I highly recommend "Piece of Cake" and anything by Derek Robinson) and I have to decide to use the bad but correct roundels or the later version.
sprue3.jpg

I'm leaning to the yellow one which looks like a Pikachu.
pikachu.JPG

Yep, def this one.

Almost done with the bonus build. All that's left to paint is the canopy. Instead of trying to mask off the one hundred and one windows, each about a square millimeter, I've been laying straight tape along the framing, first horizontally and now vertically. I am still happy with most aspects of this kit. The molding is adequate, not as nice as Eduard in the scale but costs much less. The canopy has raised frames and a rearview mirror at the top. The decal laid down well but were incomplete and some off center.
sprue4.jpg

I wish I could do better with the black wash in the panel lines. Car show this weekend so look for a finish shot next week.

Back from the car show, rained most of the day but a good time was had by all. For me this GB is done, but I don't get a badge. Look for the Apache in the Zombie build. For now all I have is the Hurricane bonus.
final1.jpg
final2.jpg
final3.jpg
final4.jpg
final5.jpg
final6.jpg
final7.jpg
final8.jpg
final9.jpg
final10.jpg

This completes a project to recreate the Robert Taylor signed print of the BOB Memorial Flight that my awesome wife has let me hang in the living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back