GB-60 1/72 Dornier Do-26 - Zombie Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The one picture I found here shows the linkage and a bit of the interior pieces. The strut in the kit looks nothing like it !

float.jpg

Last edited:
It is really great when a 'unique' model, aircraft wise, appears in these builds. So many of the 'better' kit manufacturers just want to produce the same 'ole models; 109, 190, Spitfire....It's the 'not-so-greats' that put out the unique kits, along with all the assembly pains. Seems like you are taming this one? Again, good to see something different!

An update...or a small step forward. After a ton of time interwebbing I think I've come up with a fairly accurate set up for the float bay. The next challenge is gluing the wing halves to gether. Ill fitting, gaps dips and flash. Probably run out of clothes pins and rubber bands !!

Do26 (19)r.jpg

Newyears2024r.jpg

Mwaaaha ha ! As madness follows. Grind sand fill sand etc. Work on the wings. First off the surface has a pebbled texture, more like 1:72 scale tarmac. So this was sanded off and the panel lines re-scribed. I think I went a bit too deep and big on the re-scribing but so far so good. Tons of filler and sanding. The wing halves didn't meet so hot and need a lot of clamping to fill in gaps. I used the old Testers tube stuff. Messy but it sticks like.....well you know to bed sheets. Epoxy, the yellow stuff I used to fill in the bits where there should be "kit" but no kit. Short shot city ! I seriously doubting having this done by the deadline but I'll give it a good go !

Do26 (23)r.jpg

Do26 (27)r.jpg

Do26 (31)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back