GB-61 1/48 Vought AU-1 Corsair – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's all I've really ever used except for the Floquil silvers. It sprays great, but you really need to use a respirator when spraying.

The bomb production line is up and running again, brass rod for fuses installed and painted with OD.
I tried to hand paint the yellow stripes as seen in the second and third pictures on one of the 250s, but it looked like cr@p so I wiped it off with some thinner. I ordered some fine tip paint markers and will give it a shot with them.

20240404_164127.jpg
250.png
AN-M65-images_A.jpg

Thanks George, I put it o my watch list just in case, but I'd have to think twice before spending that much for bomb markings.
Hopefully the paint markers will work out, don't know it they will, it's just an idea I had.
Has anyone had any experience using them?

Looking good Glenn.
For these types of stripes, I usually paint the stripe colour first, then mask with thin strips of Tamiya tape, then paint the base colour.
Works most of the time, and any slight inaccuracy in the "curve" is hard to see unless really looking for it.

Glenn, I recall this thread from many years back, maybe it will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back