GB24 Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey, guys,
Quick question on GB24... I assume this covers the North Africa theatre?

From the description:

"Nov 1st– Sunday Mar 1st 2015 - GB 24-Mediterranean Theatre of Operations WWII.
Including the North African Campaign, the Eastern Mediterranean Operations, the siege of Malta and the Allied landings in Sicily. Good scope for Italian and Vichy aircraft."

I would throw in Greece and Crete as well.

May be I can find some of time and make a Greek PZL P-24F or G in 1/72 scale. I still should be having an old vacuform kit somewhere in my stash.

I don't know if I can locate an example, but Im kinda interested in doing an RAAF Gloster Gauntlet....I would need the decals and the kit, so I might just be kidding myself

Am alternative might be one of the FAA birds, maybe a Swordfish at Taranto, Sea Hurri, Skua or Albacore

I have it clear,

I have a 1/48 spit MKV SAAF, Italian stuka B2 1/72, MC202 1/48, MC205 1/48, CA313 1/72, sm82 1/72 or CR42 1/48

but this still left to decide

Oblt. Johannes Geismann of KG77

GeismannJohannes-Oberleutnant_zpssznjhpz7.jpg

....and his Ju 88A-14.

2_22_zpsial6b89a.jpg

i will be doing a Bf 109 F for this and 2 Spitfire V's both the same aircraft flown by Evan "rosie" Mackie.
1 in dessert colours and the same aircraft after it was painted Grey/Green on top for the transfer to Italy, it also sprted Mk IX style exhausts and a tropical filter

what about some of the minor campaigns....the iraqi rebellion, occupation of Iran, Turkish DOW 1945, or even Turkey as the major neutral, Levant , and Abysynnia? From the British perspective these all came under the control, at some point of the other, of the ME command....a bloated, overworked beast if ever there was one.

At the other end of the pond we have the forces based at Gib, the Spanish co-belligerent forces, the Torch invasion, vichy forces in Fr NA

:lol::lol:
For a minute there, I thought you were thinking of building all of them.

Man is only possible to have to stop working, doing things as a family and spend all day with models and make them smooth hahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::oops:

I have a question I have a p-51b with the decoration of 450SQN raaf who performed the operation on yugoslavia but its basis was the complex Foggia if this would be good for GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back