Group Builds 2021 to 2023 Call for Input

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Build it doing a kill! that Kills the landing gear. and if all else let me know. I have night fighters coming out me backside.

All anybody needs is something that came out of your backside!!!!!!! riiiiiighto_O

Another GB Idea, Good Guy VS Bad Guy!
Story here is the P-38 fired across the nose of the German, forced him to land at a USAAF airfield. Poor bloke ran out of ammo!
GG-VS-BG.jpg

Last edited:
i like all the ideas, my 5 cents worth( 15 American) Meditrainen, Pacific, Malta, Foreign service and add something different Home Guard, Planes and schemes that are home based like Canadian and US that never made it overseas. This could include Swiss, Sweden Philippines, Thai

Lots of great suggestions so far. Here are a few from me..

1. Thunderbolts & Lightnings
2. The Spitfire - all or any variant including Seafires
3. Air War Korea. Anything that participated by all nations involved.
4. Twins! Anything that flies with a maximum of two engines - all eras.
5. Stringbags - bi planes of any era.
6. Ost front - Air War on the eastern front WW2
7. Turning Japanese WW2 any type that flew during that war.
8. Helicopters - any era.

Cheers Greg 😁

Now I can see what your getting at Don !
I have an F4U and two F-4's tucked away :lol:

Maybe share with the class then. I usually have no f!cking idea what Don is talking about! :lol:

OK guys, we are up to 48 distinct subjects now and I'm going to make some calls for combining otherwise this will get way too unwieldy. I'll report back later.

In the first place Andy, I have no idea what I am talking about, err did I say that out loud?

As for Jets I'm good with adjusting the field. the field. If it's a Just Jets theme than that works for me. Build what you want (Mil) I don't know but Jets is cool. we have folks all over the place on this one from WWII to current.

The Turning Japanese theme in my opinion, not so humble, save for Geo's original open era, would fit into Pacific wat theme.

I'm generally like a broader build theme as it opens up what you may have in your collection. I don't have much in the Italian or Japanese, I know that's hard to believe, but hey. Time concentric build are ok but they can put a crimp in some of the participants. I think you as judges may or may not have an easer time in the judging. that's something I'd like to hear from you all.

In short I'm cool with flexibility on my selections.

I do hope that you understood what I was talking about here.

Thank you for your consideration of my thoughts.

Gee that was hard!

I think GB 100 will see most of us 6 feet under Bill.
Speak for yourself Andy. I intend to work through my stash and averaging 6 kits completed a year that's 45 years, so I plan on building at least until I'm 103. Older unless I can refrain from buying anymore kits. My wife says it's my way of gaining immortality :evil4:

Still thinking about my list

Good stuff Don and I get what you are saying - just talking a poke. I like your enthusiasm and appreciate your flexibility.

OK guys, here's a list of what I've done in no particular order. Sorry for the length of the post but hope you understand:

- China/Burma/India (idea by Zippythehog Zippythehog ) has been combined with Pacific Theatre 1937 - 1945 (idea by Donivanp Donivanp ) and all votes moved
- Siege of Malta (idea by Zippythehog Zippythehog ) has been combined with Mediterranean Theatre (idea by me) and all votes moved
- WW2 Foreign Service (idea by rochie rochie ) has been expanded to include captured aircraft (idea by Mainly28s Mainly28s ) and all votes moved
- Ground Attack WW2 (idea by me) has been moved to "Ground Attack any era from 1904) (idea by fastmongrel fastmongrel ) and all votes moved. I also propose that this category includes anti-shipping to include torpedo bombers BECAUSE:
- Heavy Hitters that includes the description "attack/dive bombers and torpedo" (idea by Donivanp Donivanp ) has been combined into "Heavy Hitters -Bombers only" and the 3 votes by Donivanp Donivanp , dneid dneid , and N4521U N4521U have been moved. If you guys feel strongly that fighter bombers, dive bombers, and torpedo planes should be represented then I would suggest that you vote for the "Ground Attack/Anti-shipping" theme instead. Right now, your votes are for PURE BOMBERS
- Korean War Jets (idea by Donivanp Donivanp ) has been combined with Air War Korea (idea by Jock Tamson Jock Tamson ) and so will include all types, not just jets. All votes moved
- Bi-planes of 1939 to 1945 (idea by fastmongrel fastmongrel ) has been combined with "Stingbags" - Biplanes of all eras (idea by Jock Tamson Jock Tamson ) and all votes moved
- "Will it Float" (idea by fastmongrel fastmongrel ) has been combined with Carrier & Maritime Patrol WW2 (idea by me) and all votes moved
- "Jets entering service after WW2" (idea by rochie rochie ) has been combined with "No Propellers" (idea by fubar57 fubar57 ) and all votes moved.

That's it for now and the number of distinct themes is now reduced to 38. I've not moved any of the other jet themes yet as Geo's "No props" is in the running now anyway. More moves may come. Here's what the top themes look like as of right now:

Capture.JPG

All the rest of the ideas have just one vote right now. Still waiting to hear from a few regulars....

Looks good Andy. I can definitely make top eight now though I am trying to figure out how to sell off my 1:48 heavies. "Captured"....I have about 30 to build. Here's a thought for future, future GBs. Manufactures; don't have to worry about time frames, variants or propulsion.

1. Heavy Bombers WW2

2. Trainers or Transports WW2 ( does not include war weary fighters or bombers assigned to training units )

3. Bare metal beauties of WW2. Colour trim and squadron and national markings allowed as well as nose art. Any country, any aircraft.

4. Hawker or Focke Wulf. Self expalnatory

5. Tank buster WW2. Any country any aircraft equipped to destroy tanks and armoured vehicles.

6. Wooden wonders WW2. A few possibilities here besides the Mosquito.

7. Fabulous Fabric. Any predominately fabric covered aircraft that was part of a WW2 military outfit.

8. Radial engined aircraft WW2. Any country.

Cheers

Jeff

There are some great ideas in this thread. I sure do not envy you, Andy! I am sure Don would be more than happy to assist you, assuming you enjoy excessive gaseous discharges, pain, and confusion. :p

Thanks guys. Jeff Hunt Jeff Hunt I will throw your tank buster vote in with "Ground Attack".

As it stands now:

Capture.JPG

It's interesting that a Spitfire Mk XVI in my stash would not fit into any the top 8 categories now..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back