H.S. Buccaneer S2B, 12 Sqn., RAF, Lossiemouth, Scotland, 1985, Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, and yes, I feel like I'm getting somewhere now. Not counting my chickens yet though - there' s still time to f*** things up. The landing gear should be an interesting exercise - the locating points are strange, to say the least, and I think I'll be using some wire reinforcement, just in case !

Thanks Jan and Andy. I'm sure the CF5 will start to come together soon Andy - will it be done by the end of the GB do you think ?

I haven't got much done to the Buc lately, as I've been working on the 'BoB Bits' stuff, so not a lot to show.
The Martel missiles are painted, as is the 'Acquisition' pod, and await detail painting, and the Buc itself has had a couple of coats of clear gloss, after painting the detail areas, such as the stainless leading edges of the wings, and the glass-fibre RWR pods etc.
There are over 120 decals to apply, so I'll be taking it stage by stage ! More pics when there's something worth showing.

And another bl**dy stumbling block ! The decals are performing wonderful work at f***ing up left right and centre!
Some are like a film of plastic, and just won't settle, whilst others, which look great on the sheet, just disappear once positioned on the model, due to lack of density ! It might be due to their age, but I've used much, much older decals in the past without problems. I've also experienced a strange effect when placing the walk way decals, which are supposed to be yellow with red dashes, but turned out almost invisible brown. After applying some Micro Sol, a sudden, greyish 'bloom' appeared the length of the decal, which seems to have eaten into the clear coat !
B*ll*cks !
Anyway, I'll persevere, but I'm only going to use those decals which are really prominent, and forget the small stencils, which just disappear when placed.
Hopefully, I'll have some pics in a day or so - if I don't launch the bl**dy thing across the room, and I might just get it finished by the deadline. The roundels, fin flashes and one set of walk way decals have almost taken three hours to apply, delaying everything, so i'm not counting any chickens yet !

That surprises me about Airfix decals. They've always gone on wonderful for me...some tomes a few mm out of register, but they went on fine. Don't launch it Terry, you've put way too much work into it to let something like awful decals wreck it! Hang in there!!

Thanks guys. I'm surprised at the decals too for, as you say, Airfix decals normally settle without problems. Oh, and they'r out of register too, leaving that dark edge where red and blue join on the fin flashes and roundels, and a white outline around red warning stencils.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back