Hello!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi all. Just want to introduce myself as I plan on being reasonably active here. I used to frequent a lot of history forums back in the 2000's and early 2010's but then stopped for a decade as my interests changed. My username (wokelly) is the name i used on all those forums so I'm keeping it for tradition. When I started getting involved in forums in the 2000s I was in army cadets, I was a warrant officer at the time, and my last name was Kelly - hence wokelly. I'm not however in the military.

I'm a general military enthusiast, however I've always been a bit biased to WWII aviation history due to my Grandpa being a trainer pilot in the RCAF/RAF during WWII (part of the Commonwealth Air Training Program).

I have a small youtube history channel called Kelly's History - Its mainly focused on animating Bomber Command raids during the Battle of the Ruhr in 1943, with an aim to show how the raids were planned, executed and evaluated afterwards. In particular I really wanted to show how everything worked since I found the media on Bomber Command tended to be lacking on "tactical" level of showing what raids looked like.

View: https://youtu.be/Q3hu56T3cjo

I also have website (Kelly's History) where I am hosting or linking archival documents I have collected or found during my research, and making them free to anyone who wants to access them. This includes Bomber Command operational research reports, night raid reports, 8th Air Force mission folders and other documents. I rely a lot on what other people have hosted online for free so I wanted to contribute. I'll add more to the website over time as I collect and cut up documents (they come in big 1000+ page PDF files from Maxwell Alabama).

I look forward to contributing to and reading various threads here going forward. Everyone seems very knowledgeable and I'm glad to see the forum looks pretty active.

Welcome aboard Kelly. I'm sure you've visited the https://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca/category/chronicles/ site. I'll have a look at your video when I get a chance. Where in Ontario are you? I was born in Toronto and my wife is from Aylmer.
I'm currently in Hamilton.

I knew of the Bomber Command museum website but I didn't know about that section. I'll have to add it to my list of websites to look at. I saw there was another thread here (23 pages) with webpage links which I need to go through. Thanks for the link!

I'm currently in Hamilton.

I knew of the Bomber Command museum website but I didn't know about that section. I'll have to add it to my list of websites to look at. I saw there was another thread here (23 pages) with webpage links which I need to go through. Thanks for the link!
One or two guys here are near you. The Bomber Command site has been added to significantly in the last couple of years as they've been scanning a lot of their records. Their nose art database is pretty cool too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back