Me 262 Mistel combination, projected - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Gerry and Tony! :)

Still got work so far, but it's like a one legged man standing on a barstool in an earthquake...

No progress with the builds since, but will try to do something tomorrow.
(PLEASE kick my @ss to get things happening again, hard to get motivated!)

Cheers!
Evan

Come on mate, get your a$$ into gear or I'll tell Terry to crack a few more jokes.................

Cheers Vic! :D

As usual been keeping busy, just not much with the builds sorry.
Run ins with the bosses a regular occurrence - see if I survive the thursday layoffs.

Good thing though - spent 3 days in east Tirol last weekend, tramping the Weissspitz (3300 m) with some ex-workmates. Was great - especially seeing 11 Edelweiss!

Couple of pics: glaciers up top, Edelweiss and other wild flowers, and group on (and view from) summit.

STA50224.JPG
STA50226.JPG
STA50227.JPG
STA50228.JPG
STA50229.JPG
STA50230.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers guys! And Terry, yep, the annual alpine tramp is the highlight of the work year for me.

Cheers too Gerry, and no worries - got back into the 262 build today!

Pic 1: Nose progress so far. Incomplete, but cartridge ejector slots filled, and bolt added for nose weight. Such a weight is necessary as the centre of gravity of the Grossbombe on the Startwagen is toward the nose, whilst the Führungs flugzeug it supports has a CoG to the rear. See pic on page 1 to see what I mean.

Pic 2: Sorting out which materials I'll use for the Jumos. Definite items so far will be Revell main side and rear cowls with blast tubes to be made from cut down McDonalds drink straws ( :) ). Other internal and inlet components will be a mix and match of various kit items and scratchbuilt components.

STA50248.JPG
STA50249.JPG

Nice to have you back Even, love the snow and flower pics and god to see your looking at your build again.

Also hope you get through Thursday okay.

Great alpine pics Evan. I can still hike up mountains but it's the downhill leg that just kills my knees.

Looking forward to more progress on your kit and, like Wayne, I wish you luck this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back