P6M tenders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maxmwill

Airman 1st Class
Apr 18, 2011
I have been engaged in a research project for a model. As a modeller, I'm always looking for a different take on a particular model, but this isn't necessarily restricted to the model aircraft itself.

Some time ago, I bought a Revell P6M Seamaster kit, and had thought that building it and scratch building the tow dolly would be nice, however, with further research, in the form of a new book(well, new for me, as it was published 2005) titled "Attack From the Sea", which chronicled the US Navy's seaplane striking force, which the P6M was prominent.

The proposed seaplane tender for this was to be the LSD series.

And I've been kicking around an idea for a possible diorama of a Seamaster being tended to by a tender, either in part(even at the scale of the Revell kit, 1/136, a complete LSD model would be huge(but very doable), so perhaps part of the ship, the fantail, might be better(where the Seamaster sets and is serviced). Are there any drawings of an LSD available?

Best way for you will be to contact Stan Piet in Martin Museum Baltimore. He is expert for Glenn Martin history and he wrote excellent book about P6M. One of this book's chapters is devoted whole tactical concept build around of this airplane including tenders.

I did not know that. However, I do have a copy pf Attack from the Sea, A History of the US Navy's Seaplane Striking Force, by William F Trimble. I can always use another book on this subject.

I looked his name up in Amazon, and found that there are no copies currently available.

Does he have a web address? I'd like to buy his book. Unfortunately, it isn't in EvilBay or Amazon. Even if I can't find his book anywhere(yet), I'd still like to pick his brain and learn more about the Seamaster.

I read somewhere that sitting in the pilot seat when it's on the water was akin to being in a submarine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back