Paul (meatloaf109) passed away

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Lower your flags!
Raise your glass to a life well lived, albeit too short.
Paul has his wings, his wife requests "smoke one for him"!
Paul 18 Feb 2022.jpg
This photo was taken 18th Feb this year.
My wife made him a little hat, with Drop Bears,
to keep his noggin warm.
This is the way I will remember him.
He will be remembered.

Added:
I joined 31 Oct, 2009. Paul first showed up Jan. 1, 2012.
I was born 29 June, 1943 (78), Paul 15 July, 1965 (49)

My first phone Msg from Paul was Oct 31, 2015. This was at the time Annie and I were having work done on her family home, we finally made the decision to move in after her mother passed away. So most of our conversation was around family. Both of us had been married before. Both of us had to given an ultimatum, our Stuff or the marriage. We agreed we should have made the choice of Stuff! We agreed further that our second marriages were made with a purpose and got to keep our Stuff. We agreed we were living the life with our current wives, both Keepers.

The first indication he gave me of serious health issues was Nov. 10, 2020. Everyone thought it was MS, but was his spinal column c-5/c-6 cutting into the spinal cord. The message the night before was "Seriously drunk and stoned, gettin ready fer tomorrow!" It didn't cure Old pains, just added new ones. Said he now walks like he's "spasticly drunk." 3 July 2021 he was getting to be so shaky it was difficult to paint and model Was developing a drinking problem couldn't hit his mouth with the can most times!! Around this time we were both in-n-out of hospitals, his Big head, my Little head, well bladder anyways.

Then the Bomb. 7, Oct 2021 they found a small cell cancer had spread to his brain and "looking at cemo and radar range shit"!
His response to My response was "I told you I would beat you to vallahalla"! It was terminal, they knew it, he knew it. "I will consider radiation, but chemo is probably ouy. Nobody gets out of here alive. I'm good with that"!
Me. "I'm not afraid of dying, it's Not Living I can't deal with".
Paul. "the upside is I get to throw food at people at the restaurant and get away with it"!
We had fun with that let me tell you.

10 Oct. 2021 "I wanted you to know that they have diagnosed me with small cell cancer in stage 4. Even with treatments I have a year or so. It sucks, but it is the luck of the draw and my whole life I've been lucky, so I can't say I am surprised. Sooner or later all my clean living and pure thoughts had to catch up". We had fun with That one as well.

Later that day was our first video call. I was in the hospital and was sprung later that day. I showed him my three way catheter! I heard a scream from his end!!!!

29 Nov, 2021 He was "wondering about the life expectancy "up to a year" if you dance with us shit. I'll try like hell to stick around, but only on my terms". "I'm not going to be anyone's science project any longer. I am now considered "stage 4-b". I have been sick like I never had before. Between the radiation and the chemo, Headaches, nausea, no sense of flavor, mood swings, skin peeling off my scalp, pain in new places".

Mostly video calls from here on. He was building space stuff for the grand-kids. Talking about the forum he always had good things to say about the forum, its members and GB's. He was away for the most part because he and Francis had moved into a house that needed repairs and renovations they wanted to do. It is out in the country of Franklin not far from town lots of trees.

The last message I sent was 30 April of me and our Moodle Kady to say hello. After no response I sent another to Francis 5 May who told me he was using a walker and declining rapidly. 16th May hospice was coming by to show them what they could do for him. 5 days later he was at peace.

I do wish I had known him better. I think we could have had some good times. I was trying to come up with a way to visit him last time I was in California visiting my family. Logistics and time is a punish-er. We enjoyed our chats and messages. We had the same kind of sense of humor. Sometimes a bit morbid, but we just thought it as Honesty. No holds barred, spill your guts out and tell me what you are feeling. We all need Someone we can share that with. Don't we?!
724687-1a5a6f7981aeccfbe2b339a1cb11fce0.jpg

Something Francis had made for Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back