The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

warm chocolate fondant, chocolate sauce, raspberry sorbet.

DSC_0290.JPG

sticky toffee pudding
DSC_0132.JPG

Well I have been on a diet to lose weight for the last 2 months. Doing well, lost 21 pounds. 20 more to go.

Sunday's is my cheat day. I don't diet on Sundays. It is also the day that I get to let my inner chef out and cook all the things I like.

Some of my latest culinary endeavors over the last couple months...

Paella with chicken, shrimp, squid, and mussels

8C3A3E76-9DB0-4450-959C-889143001F77.jpeg

Homemade Marinara and meatballs.

4608DBE1-6C44-4C8C-B5F1-014B25B7B687.jpeg

Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto with a raspberry sauce
Feta stuffed mushrooms
Cream cheese, Parmesan, and green onion stuffed cherry tomatoes
Marinated Shrimp Skewers
Bacon, Almonds and Cheese Crostinis
Caprice Salad

785E0A28-5E26-4D9C-B5E3-2B4DE0B2AA60.jpeg

Chicken Cordon Bleu with a creamy dijon sauce

3784AB6D-4EB0-4101-B9DA-1DA95D155C40.jpeg

Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto with a raspberry sauce :Fill me in on this I love sauces love Scallops with a raspberry sauce.I have the Chicken Christopher below with Dill one of my favorite spices it's subtle.I also use a variation of the sauce for Lemon Shrimp over angel hair pasta with shallots very tasty also the chicken over angel hair.

Chicken Christopher

Mix all together as bread crumb mixture

1 1/2c of bread crumbs
2tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
2tsp parsley
1tbls parmasean cheese
1tsp dill---salt/pepper 1/2tsp

Put bread crumbs in one dish,1c of flour in another and beat two eggs w/touch of milk in another.Flatten out your chicken breast to about 1/2" with a mallet/tenderizer block.Dredge the chicken in the flour,then the egg and finally the bread crumbs.Place the chicken in a skillet with butter and brown on both sides about 2minutes per side.

Sauce
1 1/2 sticks of butter
2tbls green onions
2tbls minced garlic
1/3c white wine
3/4c heavy whipping cream
1tsp lemon juice fresh
1tbls parsley
1tsp dill
salt/pepper

large sauce pan melt 1tbls of butter(med. heat) and saute gr.onions and garlic once soft add the wine(med/high heat) and reduce till maybe 2tbls on wine remain.Lower heat med and add the cream cook/stir for about 5minutes do not boil.Lower heat to low and start adding butter alittle at a time whisking often to keep smooth.Once all the butter has been added and mixture is smooth add lemon juice,parsley dill and salt/pepper.

Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto with a raspberry sauce :Fill me in on this I love sauces love Scallops with a raspberry sauce.I have the Chicken Christopher below with Dill one of my favorite spices it's subtle.I also use a variation of the sauce for Lemon Shrimp over angel hair pasta with shallots very tasty also the chicken over angel hair.

Chicken Christopher

Mix all together as bread crumb mixture

1 1/2c of bread crumbs
2tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
2tsp parsley
1tbls parmasean cheese
1tsp dill---salt/pepper 1/2tsp

Put bread crumbs in one dish,1c of flour in another and beat two eggs w/touch of milk in another.Flatten out your chicken breast to about 1/2" with a mallet/tenderizer block.Dredge the chicken in the flour,then the egg and finally the bread crumbs.Place the chicken in a skillet with butter and brown on both sides about 2minutes per side.

Sauce
1 1/2 sticks of butter
2tbls green onions
2tbls minced garlic
1/3c white wine
3/4c heavy whipping cream
1tsp lemon juice fresh
1tbls parsley
1tsp dill
salt/pepper

large sauce pan melt 1tbls of butter(med. heat) and saute gr.onions and garlic once soft add the wine(med/high heat) and reduce till maybe 2tbls on wine remain.Lower heat med and add the cream cook/stir for about 5minutes do not boil.Lower heat to low and start adding butter alittle at a time whisking often to keep smooth.Once all the butter has been added and mixture is smooth add lemon juice,parsley dill and salt/pepper.

The raspberry sauce is super simple. All I did was take 1/4 cup homemade seedless raspberry jam that my mother in law makes, and added 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to it. Then I heated it in a pot until the jam mixture melted and turned into a sauce.

It went really well with the asparagus. I used Parma Prosciutto for the wrap. The smoky saltiness of the prosciutto was a great compliment to the asparagus and the sweet jam.

Sad that most of the food I love doesn't love me back: If It did, I'd be 140-150 pounds (I'm 5'7"-5'8")

Sad that most of the food I love doesn't love me back: If It did, I'd be 140-150 pounds (I'm 5'7"-5'8")

You just have to be smart about it. I am a huge foodie. Food for me is culture and art. I love eating.

I am on a diet, and still eat good things. I started my diet at 216 lbs., I am now at 191 lbs. Monday through Saturday I eat per the weight watchers plan. Sunday is cheat day. I cook up a huge meal and eat what I want. Then on Monday, I go back to weight watchers until the next Sunday. I have lost 25 lbs so far doing it this way. By having a cheat day, I still get to enjoy all the things I like. My goal is to lose another 25 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back