CAPTURED AIRCRAFT - ODD PHOTOS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You may be right. IIRC the FW190 was captured in Italy. And the car might have been either French or Italian one.

You may be right. IIRC the FW190 was captured in Italy. And the car might have been either French or Italian one.
Any idea what the WkNmr was on that Fw190? I wonder if it's the one that was bulldozed along with many others at that airfield (can't recall the name at the moment) in the U.S. midwest. **

Here's another Axis airplane captured in Italy with USAAF markings. A M.C202 at Catania, 5 October 1943

MC202_USAAF_Catania-Sicily_5oct1943.jpg

** Just remembered: it was Freeman Field

Last edited:
If you look at the enlarged part of the Fw 190A picture posted above you can notice the difference between the colours on the port side of the engine cowling and its bottom. So I think yes the yellow paint was applied there. It is very likely the rudder was yellow too.

fw190-japan.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think so. It is just a shadow. The yellow was applied only on the bottom of the engine cowling and possible on the rudder. The rest of undersides was the of the standard LW colour.

Also I would like to focus on the wing root of the Fw 190. It seems that there is someting that looks like an inscription in Japanese, doesn't it?

FW190-Japan-1.jpg

FW190-Japan-2.jpg

It doesn't seem to be any locking mechanism. Just a shadow in the rear area of the horizontal stabilizer tip.

103a.jpg

Fw 190A.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back