help with info on the boomerang (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I called Magna Pacific today and unfortunately "The Boomerang Story" DVD was deleted from their catalogue a number of years ago. They didn't have any stock of it in their warehouse either :(

This information is very useful. The drawings are great. Does anyone have any more dimension data for the Boomerang? I'm looking for pages from the overhaul and maintenance manual showing tubular framework dimensions, fuselage stations, anything with dimensions. Also dimensioned drawings of the Twin Wasp... I'm researching for detailed CAD plans for the Boomerang (happy to share the final results with anyone who can help provide data). Also looking for info on the Wirraway, but I already have the full manual, and lots of measurements from an aircraft, so that's mostly covered.

Regards,
Derek

Last edited:
To slightly off-thread!

As the Boomerang used many components of the wirraway as possible to speed development.

Does anyone know - especially any Australians - the itinerary of the team e.g. Lawrence Wackett etc., who in early 1936 conducted a fact finding mission to Europe and the US, looking for a design to replace the Demon.
I believe they left in Feb - but how, by sea or flying-boat for example, what route, which countries did they visit - e.g. when would they have been in Britain?

I used to own a copy of the Boomerang Story on VHS, sadly it seems to have disappeared and I do know that copies are available from various libraries. My search for footage has taken me to the National Film And Television Archive. They have in their collection 2 newsreel titles, one of which was used in "The Boomerang Story" It shows a 22 year old test pilot (Greg Board, complete with what looks like a white flying suit and white flying helmet) "wringing the neck" of a production Boomerang in 1943.

For me that was the highlight of the vid, because the flying shots of the restored Boomerang were not well filmed and rather sedate by comparison

3 libraries in Australia have the "Boomerang Story" for loan to members. I think it may be ok if one was to get it copied onto DVD as it is no longer available and as far as I know there would be no copywrite infringement issues considering it has not been available for many years.

Thank you guys for the resources in this thread!
I come from Germany and resources about aircraft from down under still are hard to get here.
As a cardboard modeler I am in the process of refining an old kit from Poland that lacks seriously in many details.

Regards, Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back