**** DONE: Matchbox 1/72 Bf110 VVS group build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

magnu

Staff Sergeant
Dec 11, 2007
Cornwall
Username Magnu
Name Lewis
Category Intermediate
Maker Matchbox
Scale 1/72
Extras Some attempted scratchbuilding
Reference What I can find off the net

I intend to do this one as Bf 110 D-2 of II/ZG1 Westpen G9+TC
as illustrated on the box. I have also ordered an Airfix Bf110 C which I will also do as a Westpen machine so will use that one as a guide to improve the cockpit and gear bays on this build.
002-5.jpg

001-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one. Andy (Crimea River) has been working on a 1/48th '110 from Wespen - might be some helpful pics in his thread.

Well seeing as the LA 5FN is on hold I decided to make a start on this one. The Airfix Bf110c that I ordered hasn't turned up yet but they did have this one in stock
003-3.jpg

Detached the gear bay part and went to work on the plasticard making a rough copy the Airfix part seems to fit quite well at the front but is too wide at the back so will adjust the card in this area
004-2.jpg

Last edited:
Wheel well part 2 Cut out the indent for the wheel and used thin strip to make the wall round it then an oversized bit on top, filed fiddled and fettled at the rear wall until it fitted, a bit of hydraulic line and connection and I now have one of the two done
005.jpg

Not had time but I will see what the fit is like tonight. may even be able to adjust the fit so the gear leg gets the correct forward angle on it.

No idea but it was earlier when I went to post an update on it
Thanks to whomever unlocked it or it might have been something my end
Anyway Progress report
Did the other gear bay in the same way as the first then had another look at the Airfix kit and found some more detail in the support ribs so added that. I may trim these down a bit if they need it. Will call in to LHS to see if my Airfix Bf110c has turned up yet
Been having a look at the gear legs and on the Matchbox kit they are attached to the forward part of the gear bay which I have now blanked off so I will trim off the two lugs at the top of the legs and drill holes in the gear bay flooring to attach them to
001-10.jpg

002-10.jpg

Looking good Lewis. You'll have to hurry and get some paint on that neon blue plastic before you blind some one from the glare from the computer screen! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back