**** DONE: Matchbox 1/72 Bf110 VVS group build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all This one has come to a bit of a halt ATM I have painted the wheel wells RLM66 and cut out the nav. lights on the wing tips not sure if this was a good idea seeing how small they are just wondering if I can get the clear plastic to stick without turning opaque but too late to worry about it now.
I have a bit of a cold ATM so trying to concentrate with a very sore throat and a head that feels like a balloon filled with custard is a tad difficult.
Not wanting to lose momentum I made a start on a 1/72 Bf 109 will stick some pics in the start to finish builds tonight.

Cheers Harisson and Wayne
Got my Airfix Bf110 this morning so will start a thread on that build tonight. Then I can get to sorting out the pit on this one which is basic with a capital B The seats are going to need some serious work as they are just two rectangles at 90'. Fear not tho folks as they have already been given the RLM 66 treatment.

Made a bit more progress on this one today made a start on the pit which I haven't been looking forward to,but so far it has not been too bad. still early days though so plenty of time left for things to go wrong.
Pic 1 is a comparsiam shot of the two kits pits I think the big lump in the middle of the Matchbox one is supposed to be the radio sets
014.jpg

No more unsightly bulge
015.jpg

Next I covered the hole and added plasticard strips round the outside. they are now starting to look a lot more alike
016.jpg

Next we have the Airfix seats
017.jpg

And the Matchbox ones one of which I have started to modify sanding down the with and adding sides
018.jpg

Both seats now modified
019.jpg

Thank you kindly folks
Bit more progress tonight, fueselage together , wings and tail on, nose fitted and gunports drilled out. A fair bit of sanding needed to be done on the fueselage seams but only one bit of filling on the port wing root
002-18.jpg

003-13.jpg

004-12.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back