Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good there Jerry.

Now that's different silence, Jan will be happy it has a 13 on it! :D

Yeah, I like to do custom paint jobs, especially after doing so many "officially approved" ones over the years. That's one reason I like doing German planes: there seems to be a great deal more variety in their schemes than those of other air forces.

In this case the scheme was a sudden whim, and I was pleasantly surprised at how it looked when done.

Well... I've done a almost-all black 152H and a med grey with light grey accents 152C. And I pretty much always do a yellow chin.

And there's the 1/24 D-9 with an "arctic" (black-grey-white) camo and - again - some yellow highlights plus a custom white wolf silhouette logo.

And a black 109F with 1/3 yellow spinner, yellow chin and rudder, and yellow on the topside of the wingtips. Underside and wing root fillets are RLM 75. And I made some Gallandish-style MG 131 bulges for the deck MGs. Oh, and for fun gave it an Erla hood and deleted the aileron weights. Probably the evilest looking plane I ever built.

And currently just started what will be an all-white D-13, sorta: I'm reversing the engine piping and moving the supercharger to the left to give it that DB-powered look. Do need to order some DB 603 stacks still...

Red Ta sounds interesting - but I'd go with a dark red (like Humbol Wine or Model Masters British Scarlet/Crimson) as opposed to a Ferrari red. Maybe use black for highlights or custom designs.... and maltese crosses instead of Balkenkreuz as a sort of homage to Richthoven.

I've just done so many LW fighters with "official" or almost official paint schemes that its fun to go my own way.

Last edited:
This one's for real:

Orange Red TA 152.jpg

BLACK 10 2/JG26

Thanks Guys, here are a couple of pics, not entirely satisfied with them but at least it shows some forward progress...

I'm going with 74/75 on the upper wings, matching an earlier aircraft in this series 500581 Black 8 of II/JG6 of which colour footage exists.(Eagle Editions Vol.1) The wings are most definitely not the Greens seen on the fuselage and have a lighter appearance in the available black and white photo in both EE and JaPo books.

Attachments

• 26_Fuselage 84  Wings 75_0750.jpg
    26_Fuselage 84 Wings 75_0750.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 27_Upper Surface_0774.jpg
    27_Upper Surface_0774.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 28_Lower Surfaces_0762.jpg
    28_Lower Surfaces_0762.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 85
Cheers Andy and Jerry, tried for some better shots outside in the sun.....much better, I think! :D

Attachments

• 29_Upper Surface_0805.jpg
    29_Upper Surface_0805.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 30_Upper surface_0797.jpg
    30_Upper surface_0797.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 31_Lower Surface_0804.jpg
    31_Lower Surface_0804.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 161

Users who are viewing this thread

Back