Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, that makes sense. Would have liked to see a trop filter in this one but, for 15 bucks, I'm fine with it.

I'm actually thinking that I'll use this one to create a quick, true OOB build for the next model show and see if I can stand NOT adding detail!

I'm actually thinking that I'll use this one to create a quick, true OOB build for the next model show and see if I can stand NOT adding detail!

how many times have I said that myself...never manged it completely either! :)

Great scores mate.

Cory, if yas have any spares, put up a list on the 'I'll trade U 4 that' thread. Will be updating my swaps list shortly myself.

It's been a little while since I last purchased something, but today a thing or two came through nonetheless. Too much serious stuff going on in RL atm to spend a whole lot of time on building (one part is yours truly is working for his current employer for the last time this week...and the other is I'm due to graduate from University. So, certain doors leading to things past are closing, but also many new are opening hopefully)

Anyway, with some 'time off' one way or the other approaching after next week a few goodies to be able to spend some quality building time were in order.

...a techmod sheet dealing with multiple variations of Jan Zumbach's Spitty Vb (I bett Wojtek can appreciate that one) And after I bumped into a review of the first sets of decals from the new company FunDekals (I think through modelling madness) I kinda liked the subjects and was looking to replace some tough Hasegawa and Tamiya decals..... and given my current 'situation' can appreciate their back-to-basic (one subject, no expensive packaging or miles long instructions, but a downloadable set of instructions in PDF-format etc.) business approach.

Attachments

• C-fakepath-48005-02.jpg
    C-fakepath-48005-02.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Lulu_Belle_Inst.jpg
    Lulu_Belle_Inst.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 54
  • P-51D_Bunnie_Inst.jpg
    P-51D_Bunnie_Inst.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Good stuff guys.
Andy - you do OOB?! More chance of finding Hitler's dog!
BTW, I've got a few Trop filters spare from the old Airfix kits if you need one. They should fit the Tamiya kit with very little adjustment.

You may be right guys. Might need to sign up for therapy.

Terry, thanks for the offer on the filter but I have not yet thought about a scheme for this model and don't really plean on tackling it in the near future.

Brooks, no worries bud! Pretty hard to tell from the picture that it's an ICM box and the artwork style is similar. Anyone could have slipped on this. You were just first!

No problem Andy, but you know where to come if you need one for a future project. I think I have four of them.

Wa? Ohhh. Hey guys I just had this awful dream that I was actually thinking of doing an OOB build! Funny eh?!? God, that was weird!

Another small addition to the collection! Pretty excited to see this one released as a more mainstream type of kit. Seems Trumpy made the mad-rivet-guy take a day or two off as well. Since the thing never really went into full scale service to begin with I'm thinking about going a little overboard with the scheme and markings. Think along the lines of using some spares from some 3rd party spitfire MK.22/MK.24 decals sheets and do like a Natural Metal Finish 80Sqn Hong Kong Aux AF Spitful or one of 'em Royal Auxilary Airfoce racers or something

Attachments

• TRUMPETER-SUPERMARINE-SPITEFUL---0285070.jpg
    TRUMPETER-SUPERMARINE-SPITEFUL---0285070.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back