Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan,

I am getting triple vision from your posts. Nice buy though. Got to consider one of these. Do they make one in 1/48 scale?

As for me I am getting very much interested in Luftwaffe aircraft. Purchased this new tool (relatively speaking) Hasegawa FW190A8 in 1/32 scale.

01.jpg

I had already gotten the decals from that bay store. Hints on getting the yellow out of the decals would be good!

Bill, from what I've read, you tape the decals to a window that faces the sun and leave them there for many days(I can't remember how long so keep checking) You have to make sure the window doesn't attract moisture. This is just the jist of how to get the yellow out so maybe someone who knows the entire process will pipe up.

Geo

Bloody nice scores here guys!

My latest, after another visit to Dublin: (Thanks again to Gerry for another great day and the heads up on these shops!)

All in 1:72 scale.

De Havilland DH.4 - Airfix

STA54893.JPG

De Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB.VI/ NF.II - Tamiya (bought for me by my nephew)

STA54901.JPG

Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB - Airfix (new tool)

STA54900.JPG

McDonnell-Douglas OA-4M Skyhawk - Italeri

STA54892.JPG

Plus some Evergreen sytrene rods, srips and sheets.

STA54902.JPG

Grabbed a 1/72 Airfix Lancaster III Dambusters for $10.00 from a newspaper advert. Not a scale I usually work in but it was a deal that could not be turned down. I do have a 1/72 Halifax as well so I guess I should now get a Stirling in that scale and have the trio.

Cheers,

Jeff

Cheers Geo, and nice one Jeff!

As for the Stirling, the Airfix kit is always around, but Italeri have done a lovely new tool Mk.IV now. I'm expecting them to do a Mk.III aswell, so might be worth waiting before you get one.

Hannant's just sent me the 1/48 Hobby Boss BV 141 I've had on back order.
First impressions are good. Cockpit details is nice.
The canopy is a thing of beauty compared to the 1/48 HiPM kit, and it's been designed sensibly without a seam cutting across panels.
I'm rather hoping someone gets around to producing a paint mask for it before I get around to building the thing, though!

Img_0974.jpg

Img_0975.jpg

I am not a huge Stuka fan, but when I saw this one with skies I had to get one. It arrived today and it feels great when you see that cardboard box waiting for you at the door. I love the picture on the box. The 2 blokes can't look each other in the eyes. I think it is because they are a little embarrassed at what happened the night before in that little house in the middle of nowhere

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back