Ebay Vs Wirraway dogfight

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Love that last line of the article. "Display it in a museam and teach children about History" or some such.

Whenever I hear people bring "The Children" into it, I know there's either a scam involved or the guy is full of ****. Usually both.

You're so right Tim..always be wary of the individual "doing it for the kids."

Promises, promises...

Leonard v. Pepsico

From the above website;

"This case reminds me of the now-classic Leonard v. Pepsico case, which is now taught in law schools throughout the country. In that case, Pepsi ran some commercials touting a "points" program and showing the cool gear that customers could get. Some versions of the commercials show that with a sufficient number of points, customers could procure a Harrier jet. Ordinarily it would be too hard to get enough points to get the Harrier, but Pepsi also allowed customers to buy points--and the cash-to-points conversion rate meant that one could buy points to buy a Harrier jet for a very small fraction of its retail price. (Ignoring other problems, like the fact that it would be illegal to buy or sell the Harrier jet because of its military applications).

When Pepsi declined an enterprising customer's efforts to get the Harrier, the customer sued for breach of contract (much like the 100 grand lawsuit). Pepsi's response: c'mon, we all know this is a joke. The district court's opinion has a fascinating discussion of the legal boundaries of humor, and concludes that the ad was just funny enough to allow Pepsi to escape legal liability".

Sounds like a bargain to me too....

We coulda bought it.. Everybody donate $50 and we can buy a "ww2aircraft.net" warbird..

flyboy can take us for rides..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back