Pilots u know!

Whic plane would u have flown?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Congrats, FBJ!!! That's always a nice surprise. My wife and I are expecting our second in January. The really fun part is that your child will probably share some of that airplane interest with you. It's one hell of a great experience being a dad. Very challenging at times, but the rewards are worth it.

Maybe you should name your baby if its a boy after you father-in-law or a famous ace pilot.

Attachments

• gunner1_edited__2__122.jpg
    gunner1_edited__2__122.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 919
Thanks for the kind words guys - Acutally if its a boy We've decided on Jett, my wife actually picked that name when she heard John Tavolta named one of his kids Jett. Who was I to disagree?!? :rolleyes:

If its a girl, well we don't know yet? Maybe Lanc? :lol:

Oh - his middle name WILL be Robert - after his grandfather.

Congrats again Flyboy! Hope your son gets into WWII aviation!

Attachments

• gunner1_edited__2__142.jpg
    gunner1_edited__2__142.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 869
FLYBOYJ said:
P38 Pilot said:
By the way guys. Who is John Tavolta???? :rolleyes:

Travolta - you know, Disco Danny, etc. He is a hell of a pilot though!

Oh. Thanks Flyboy. Oh and congrats again! :usa \:D/

Attachments

• infantry_edited_131.jpg
    infantry_edited_131.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 833
Blackwolf

I have a book titled "They were called Silverplate" by Richard Campbell. He is the official 509th Composite Group historian and a heck of a nice guy. Ive spoken to him a few times and he is always helpful. His book has a roster of all 509th and Project Alberta members. Since the 509th was entirely self contained with its own maintenance, ground crew, MP's, engineering and such this roster would have included Mr. Bull if he had any official association with the 509th.

Although his name is not present this doesnt mean he was lying or anything. After the first atomic bombing the cat was pretty much out of the bag and many secrets as to the 509ths existance were answered. If he was affiliated with the B-29 effort on Tinian (most likely the 315th Bomb Wing) he could have probably visited the area after much of the secrecy was dropped. This is evidenced as there are quite a few pictures of people posing with the Enola Gay in the weeks after the bombings and the war. Most of these people were just passing through and wanted a shot of the bomber. Before this time the 509th was pretty much shunned and ridiculed!!

Congrats FBJ

As for the topic of this thread. I know a lot of pilots but none of them WW2 pilots. I have met a few but never got to know them.

As for the poll I put other. I would fly a Bf-109G or Fw-190D.

I used to know a pilot for Brittania Airlines who flew Boeing 757's does that count :lol:

I would have personally flown a B-25, especially after seeing them at Duxford. It would look something like this....

Attachments

• pbj-b-25-mitchell-1a_152.jpg
    pbj-b-25-mitchell-1a_152.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 745
Wow...I guess I missed this thread over the past few days. Imagine that. I actually missed something. What're the chances? :-k ;)
Great news on the kid, FBJ! Congrats man! :thumbright:
The only pilots I've known have been my grandfather, who flew bombers for the RCAF during the war, and I once met two former Luftwaffe fighter pilots that he knew. I was a kid, and I couldn't begin to tell you their names, but they were super guys, I can tell you that much. They were both 109 pilots as I recall, but that's the extent of my knowledge. The next time I'm talking to grandad I'll ask him. He may remember.

And P-38 pilot, you best not be dissin' the Navy now! Les, being a former SEAL, will drop in and frag your ass, and then I'll cruise in and finish off what's left with a Mk. 48 torpedo! 8)

:lol:

I made a boo boo sorry FBJ for being late on the up take and not catching the good news earlier congrates on the sprog. \:D/
For god sake dont call it Lanc. One on the planet is quite enough thankyou :rolleyes: :)
I like the name Fairey but only for a girl of course :D . Jett is very different I like it, much better than after burner or flame out :lol:

Nonskimmer said:
And P-38 pilot, you best not be dissin' the Navy now! Les, being a former SEAL, will drop in and frag your ass, and then I'll cruise in and finish off what's left with a Mk. 48 torpedo! 8)

:lol:

HUH HUH you are a SEAMAN!!!! :D

Sorry I know it was dumb but I had to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back