21st Century Toys Models--Where are they? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

machine shop tom

Senior Airman
Apr 13, 2007
I remember about a year or so ago, we were all agog over the 1/32 scale 21St Century Toys models. IIRC, they had a Corsair, Macchi 202, BF109F, and others. They seemed to be of decent quality, especially for the price.

But I haven't seen any for quite a while. I don't remember seeing them anywhere but Wal-Mart. I have seen them advertised on-line at Target, but the price is over twice that Wal-Mart was selling them for. Maybe Wal-Mart was asking for too big a price cut and 21st told them to go fish.

That's the other thing on my mind. Apparently Wal-Mart is getting out of the model business. While I really hate the Wal-Mart business model and what they do to local economies, they were pretty much the only source of entry-level or intermediate models.

tom

I remember about a year or so ago, we were all agog over the 1/32 scale 21St Century Toys models. IIRC, they had a Corsair, Macchi 202, BF109F, and others. They seemed to be of decent quality, especially for the price.

But I haven't seen any for quite a while. I don't remember seeing them anywhere but Wal-Mart. I have seen them advertised on-line at Target, but the price is over twice that Wal-Mart was selling them for. Maybe Wal-Mart was asking for too big a price cut and 21st told them to go fish.

That's the other thing on my mind. Apparently Wal-Mart is getting out of the model business. While I really hate the Wal-Mart business model and what they do to local economies, they were pretty much the only source of entry-level or intermediate models.

tom

Good thread!
I wanted to ask for the same thing. My American friend sent a beautiful P-51B as a Xmas present for my son and I´m really surprised by the quality for this price. I´d like to buy more models in this scale but don´t know if I have a chance here in Europe. Do they produce a P-38 as well?

Attachments

• pic 143.jpg
    pic 143.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 467
  • pic 144.jpg
    pic 144.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 486
I really like the Zero. I have a Razorback P-47 "Jabo" that I bought from the museum a few years ago. I wanted more, but the missus wasn't pleased with the P-47. She does put up with it though.

I really like the Zero. I have a Razorback P-47 "Jabo" that I bought from the museum a few years ago. I wanted more, but the missus wasn't pleased with the P-47. She does put up with it though.

yep, as I said, it was a xmas present for my son that we got from usa, but I was pretty surprised by the price between 20-30 dollars for this quality, though made in china...

I've got a mess of the 1:18 planes ...Never open them just keeping them in the boxes... There still sold at the Wal mart by me ....The 1:18 stuff does not last long...We have two Wal marts with in ten miles...One is in my working class neighbourhood and they realy sale out fast...But the other Wal mart is in a high end neighbourhood...And they seam to move alot slower out the door...A "hear" there coming out with a 1:18 B-25 ...Can't what...

They've also made SMALL models with decent detail as well. I want to know if there is any other company that sells aircraft this small for the detail (if I did this right hopfully my pics are availiable to load! :oops: )

Attachments

• Me-262  Quarter.jpg
    Me-262 Quarter.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 383
  • A6M  Quarter.jpg
    A6M Quarter.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 355
  • A6M right-reiw veiw.jpg
    A6M right-reiw veiw.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 367
  • KI-84  Quarter.jpg
    KI-84 Quarter.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 451
  • Me-262 front-right profile.jpg
    Me-262 front-right profile.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 577
  • Me-262 rear veiw.jpg
    Me-262 rear veiw.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 541
Hey, Seesul, that Mustang is almost as big as you are.

tom

Seesul, I have most of those you posted. My co-workers said I should start hanging them from the ceiling, but I think management would get pissed. Here is a link where we posted pics of where we work and you can see most of the stuff I own. I have 5 or 6 more you can't see

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/off-topic-misc/post-photos-your-place-work-work-space-10278-2.html

Thank you Thorlifter, what a place of work!!! Gorgeous!!!
BTW, I´ve noted you´re from Dallas. Do you know a town Waxahachie, not far from Dallas to the south. They printed out my article last year in Waxahachie Daily light...

BTW, I´ve noted you´re from Dallas. Do you know a town Waxahachie, not far from Dallas to the south. They printed out my article last year in Waxahachie Daily light...

I know it well. I used to work there. There was a huge Department of Energy science project back in the early 90's called the superconducting super collider and I worked there for two years. After it got all political and the democraps shut it down and there wasn't anything to do, I used to go downtown every day and go shopping or watch a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back