F4U Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

glzyp

Airman
Feb 7, 2008
Does anyone know where I can find blueprints or loftings for the F4U Corsair?

Here are a couple of drawings I found on the Internet that might address your problem. There ARE a couple of faults in these drawings I have found such as the length of the pitot tube (compare to the common photo of Ira Kepford's Corsair), and the doors for the main landing gear. The dimensions in the drawings seem reasonable, but I don't even know HOW to go about verifying them.

Enjoy!
- Ivan.

Attachments

• VOUGHT_F4U_1D_1.jpg
    VOUGHT_F4U_1D_1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 5,462
  • VOUGHT_F4U_1D_2.jpg
    VOUGHT_F4U_1D_2.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 3,486
  • VOUGHT_F4U_1D_3.jpg
    VOUGHT_F4U_1D_3.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 4,095
This is by far the best WW2 aircraft forum/web site on the net!
My students (at New River Community College) who are in the Advanced Parametric 3D modeling class will be able to create some extremely detailed models for their final projects.

You guys ROCK!

for those who want our CAD website is: NEW RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE | CAD AIDED DESIGN

Once the models are completed I'll have them posted on a new thread.

thanks again!

My students (at New River Community College) who are in the Advanced Parametric 3D modeling class will be able to create some extremely detailed models for their final projects.

You guys ROCK!

for those who want our CAD website is: NEW RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE | CAD AIDED DESIGN

thanks again!

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!

You guys ROCK!

thanks again!

Welcome aboard and cant wait to see those models when complete.

Hello I am new and I'll would like to receive some references about where should I enlist: NAVY, ARMY, etc. you might know these fields and you might as well give a good advice about where to go!

You guys ROCK!

thanks again!

Looking forward to it!

Regarding 3D Models, I also build planes for Combat Flight Simulator. Here is a thread that has screenshots from a few of my projects. The dimensions of the Corsair are simply wrong in my model, but it was one of my first and the actual mechanics of using AF99 were of greater concern than finding really accurate drawings.

- Ivan.

P.S. Yes, there is a F4U-1A Corsair at the bottom.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/cfs-i-ii-iii/screenshots-2737-6.html

Here are a couple of drawings I found on the Internet that might address your problem. There ARE a couple of faults in these drawings I have found such as the length of the pitot tube (compare to the common photo of Ira Kepford's Corsair), and the doors for the main landing gear. The dimensions in the drawings seem reasonable, but I don't even know HOW to go about verifying them.

Enjoy!
- Ivan.

Thanks guys, Im building a 1/12 scale RC Corsair (aprox 38" wingspan) and appreciate the info/drawings. I can try to upload some images/video if you are interested. thanks again, Roger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back