1/48 Finnish Brewster dio "Unofficial GB" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agree with all, it's looking very realistic. Looking forward to seeing the pond. Will you be using clear resin ?

I haven't the slightest idea what I'm going to do for the pond.
I have seen a couple of methods. Resin included. Been a while since I've turned them over in my mind, and they have slipped into the dark recesses of it at the moment. One such it was suggested to do layers, adding mud layers along with stringy vegetation. Now that I am at This point I can revisit some of these ideas. The next stage will be a while I am thinking.

Anything forum members have seen would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Wodka and black bread it is........

Brewster Buffalo 239 Segozero lake, Karelia Russia FAF BW-372 25.06 1942 In June 1944 Pekuri was shot down again and he remained POW for half a year. In the 50's Pekuri became famous as the first Finnish pilot to fly supersonic with a Folland Gnat.
Lauri Pekuri passed away in August 1999.

The Brewster was salvaged from the bottom of the lake in September 1998. FAF had a total of 43 Brewsters at the start of the war against Russia. They managed to shoot down 477 Russian aircraft during the war. The Brewster BW-372 is on loan to Tikkakoski from the National Museum of Naval Aviation at Pensacola, Florida USA. Lt. Lauri Pekuri was flying patrol along with seven other Buffalos when they were attacked by Russian Hurricanes and MiG's. Pekuri managed to shoot down two of the Hurricanes before he got hit and had to ditch his burning aircraft into the lake. Lt.Pekuri swam ashore and walked 20 km back to his unit.

© hannu valtonen Keski-Suomen Ilmailmuseo Tikkakoski 10.08 2009 ©kjell sørensen Brewster Karelia Brewster Karelia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back