1/48 Finnish Brewster dio "Unofficial GB"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Steph I sympathise with you, I still find it difficult to get around to everything in this forum.

Been up late, the little woman is away tonight........... so I have painted the stripe, put in the deck behind the pilot seat, painted the dash under the windscreen. It's gonna go pretty fast now.

Gonna sponge on the camo next.

Attachments

• 20 yel stripe.jpg
    20 yel stripe.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 84
Sometimes these photos just glare forgotten items. Like the gun wing blister on the other wing? So I trimmed down the resin part I had.

Attachments

• 21 gun blisters.jpg
    21 gun blisters.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 85
More of a stand I fashioned on the CNC router table at work. Gives me a place to support the thing rather than trowing it on the bench.

Sponging on the camo is next.

Thanks guys.
It's sitting on my "bench" in it's cradle waiting for the faded and falling off camo paint.
I have to finish the Yak before the deadline. Only got two more weeks to finish it but should be done next week.
Then back on to the Brewster.

No no no..... this is the Unofficial GB!

Couple of things. I'm gonna start painting the camo, with a sponge to give it the water logged look.
But then I need to put "crap" all over it, you know, mud, moss and the like. Now I was lookin thru a FSM mag, or one like it and they were describing Tamiya dio textured paint. On this Island called Australia some specialty things are verrrrry difficult to find.

So my question is, has anyone ever come up with a way to do this with regular paints?
My thoughts were to use enamels and mix something like baking soda with the paint. Or, something to make the paint coagulate?
I know talc mixed with gloss enamels will flatten the color and still be as tuff as enamel, I used to do this when I was doing sign painting.

Any thoughts?

With some time now that the Fw is done I am moving on with this Brewster.

And, no answers to my question above. But have found clues. I may try tinting the white glue with green, moss, brown, mud and wash with browns for water stains.

I have started painting with a sponge for the camo colors. Will do the same with some silver to dimninish the edge lines.

Attachments

• 22 start painting.jpg
    22 start painting.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 22a start painting.jpg
    22a start painting.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 56

Users who are viewing this thread

Back