1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Me 262 B1a/U1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much Vic.

I'm certainly enjoying this project.

Hope that during this week will have more advance my friend.

As you and Crimea suggested, also a matt finish will be applied to the surface.

Have a lovely week mi amigo :salute:

Gerry
If your going to apply a matt finish at the end, just to be on the safe side, cover the cockpit glass. If you spray it could settle on the plastic glass and make it look opaque and with a brush smeary. But then again it could settle well, but I would be inclined not to ake the risk at this stage of the build. :D

If your going to apply a matt finish at the end, just to be on the safe side, cover the cockpit glass. If you spray it could settle on the plastic glass and make it look opaque and with a brush smeary. But then again it could settle well, but I would be inclined not to ake the risk at this stage of the build. :D
Thank you again mi amigo.

I'll definitely cover the clear parts before any varnishing job. I wouldn't like to work double....

Have a great one Vic!

Cheers

There are only a couple of shots of the back seater's position and these are post war if I recall. None show a hood.
Didn't knew that this kite also had a hood in the Funker station. Guess that I´ll like more about that theme for a future project....:-k

Guess that only a humble curtain or shade in each side of the backseater view will do, as can be appreciated in this image....

shades 02.jpg

Do you think that those shades were applied due that the Bordfunker was really shy?:shy:

Gerry :salute:

The "hood" that Jim is asking about, I think, is the eye-piece that goes over the radar display. Similar to the ones on the He219 in the below pic at right:

View attachment 714872
Thank you for this information Crimea.

Haven't seen or found any information regarding those scopes or hoods in the Me 262 in its night fighter mode yet.

The only information I have regarding this station is the following:

navigator 01.jpg

Where the image on the left and in the right upper insert, shows that the brighter screen was located almost at the height of the Bordfunker legs (maybe in some cases between the navigator legs, depending on the height of this crew member).

The upper screen that can be appreciated also in the upper right insert (belonging to the Fug 217 [I believe]), and that most certainly irradiated a good amount of light (nevertheless it could be dimmed out), the curtains were located in order to minimize the risk of being located by the abundantly prowling Mosquitoes found in the German skies at that stage of the war.

It would be interesting to find the data of how many of this kites fall in the hands of the Mosquitoes, or if this info exists?

Gerry

Hello my modeler friends:

Here's the week update.

During this week it was decided to begin closing the cockpit properly. First it was time to begin installing the armored windscreen along with the defrosting wires that runs vertical of this piece. This windscreen was 3d printed and changed several times in order that this piece could fit as in the original kite. The defrosting wires were kept in the original cooper color in order to add some contrast in the cockpit. Here's one image during the gluing process.

defrost armor 01.jpg

Then it was time to begin locating the seatbelts in both stations. First the it was needed to drill two holes to locate the fasteners for the seatbelt bases as can be appreciated in the following images:
bord 01.jpg

and then for the pilot:
pilot 01.jpg

These openings were performed to receive this pieces or union rings (as I name them..:tongue:).
buckle 01.jpg

Then the union rings were properly placed and glued....
buckle 02.jpg

Remember that there were some decals that were lost through the project? Here they are finally in the process of being placed, and guess that they look cool with their serial numbers printed as well....
buckle 03.jpg

And then it was time to finally locate these pieces, first in the bordfunker station (where the armored cockpit can also be appreciated in the following images)...
seatbelt 02.jpg

seatbelts 01.jpg

The pilot seatbelts will be placed during this week. And now, it's time to enjoy the weekend along with a new señorita that I met during this week.

Have a great one my friends-

Gerry :pilotsalute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back