1/32nd Hong Kong Models Avro Lancaster ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The canopy frames in particular appear to be flawless! (The rest ain't bad either!)
When HKM moulded the rivet detail it looked good with every screw visible on the canopy but the engraving was just too shallow to show
through after a few layers of paint would be applied, so I decided to very lightly drill/dimple each screw, this was also done on the clear turrets.

002.jpg

There was also flaws/mistakes in the turret glazing, either HKM didn't notice this error or just didn't want to bother fixing the fault.
hkm3-005.jpg

After clean up and new lines of rivets.
hkm3-008.jpg

Got to ask, did you use all the Eduard bits and, ball park, what did it cost? Thanks.
Only Eduard stuff I used was the paint masks & fabric seat belts & brass duez fasteners!

The added extra detail to the flaps is all scratch made, made these well before Eduard released their expensive set.

Brass gun barrels was the Mosquito ones [made by Master Models], purchased two years ago for a fiver, Mosquito seat belts in fabric are far better than metal.

All the pilots seat & floor was altered by myself, working from eye and Avro Plans.

hkm3-003.jpg

flaps-003.jpg

hkm3-011.jpg

006.jpg

If you want to see more as to what went into this beauty please have a look through my album, corrected most if not all the faults.

''Hong Kong Models 1/32nd Avro Lancaster build''
Hong Kong Models 1/32 Avro Lancaster model

Only Eduard stuff I used was the paint masks & fabric seat belts & brass duez fasteners!

The added extra detail to the flaps is all scratch made, made these well before Eduard released their expensive set.

Brass gun barrels was the Mosquito ones [made by Master Models], purchased two years ago for a fiver, Mosquito seat belts in fabric are far better than metal.

All the pilots seat & floor was altered by myself, working from eye and Avro Plans.

View attachment 544619

View attachment 544620

View attachment 544621

View attachment 544622

If you want to see more as to what went into this beauty please have a look through my album, corrected most if not all the faults.

''Hong Kong Models 1/32nd Avro Lancaster build''
Hong Kong Models 1/32 Avro Lancaster model

Beautiful work. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back