1/48 F-102A/F-106 Delta - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glenn The F-100 is the only one of the set that is what I would call a challenge. It can have fit problems and a 5 gallon can of bondo helps. Trumpeters F-100 is a nice update. Is the 102/106 still going on. I have 3 102 and 7 or 10 106's including a C&H F-106 B conversion.

It's an unofficial group build so no deadline. Go ahead and join in. I'm concentrating on my P-47N for the Pacific GB right now but I'll be back to the 102 and R. L. Scott's P-40K as soon as I finish it.

Found these photo taken off the side of an EC-121R Connie in Nam. Though they were pretty cool.

Attachments

• f102-002.jpg
    f102-002.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 158
  • f102-004.jpg
    f102-004.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 117
Thanks to Don sending me an spare canopy this build is underway again!
I did a some surface wet sanding with 1000 grit and masked for the first coat of silver which will be done when the F-84 is ready for it too.
P7231424.JPG

Last edited:
The third one I pulled off the unfinished shelf.

Something went wrong back when I painted the first shade of silver causing a rough surface around the tail fin. I sanded it all down and it will receive a re-paint tomorrow, and be ready for masking off panels for the bright silver.

P1012951.JPG

Good stuff Glenn. I have experienced that issue myself. What happens is that where you get perpendicular surfaces intersecting like that, the air from the air brush swirls around and drops particles of dry paint onto the surface. Our forum mates helped me with this problem and the cure is to lower your air pressure, use thin paint, and get in REALLY close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back